Is Kent soap really MWF?

Ordered a sample of Kent soap from shavedash thinking it was rebranded wool fat. Smells the same. Lathered up no problem to a thick rich protective lather. Very strange as I can't get the fat to lather for toffee. Didn't get the same slickness as I get from the fat either. It gave a good shave but just not 100% convinced it's the same soap. Thoughts please gentlemen.

Ordered a sample of Kent soap from shavedash thinking it was rebranded wool fat. Smells the same. Lathered up no problem to a thick rich protective lather. Very strange as I can't get the fat to lather for toffee. Didn't get the same slickness as I get from the fat either. It gave a good shave but just not 100% convinced it's the same soap. Thoughts please gentlemen.
Yes, yes and yes, it is the same soap, just a different lable :) P.

Very strange. Lathered very easily compared to my puck of Mitchell's. Maybe my Mitchell's is a bad batch. Didn't get any of the thin watery dissipating lather I get from my puck of fat. Just wasn't convinced it was the same soap. :LOL:
Just for a laugh, cut off a same size sample that you got from Shavdash from your MWF and tell yourself as you are lathering it " this is not MWF it is Kent soap! See what happens! :) P.

Maybe because it was a small sample you got it wetter and that helped ?

When I first got MWF I put it in a tub and filled it with distilled water for a few days and it swelled up to fill the tub,
It was a dawdle to lather after that

The Kent may well be older stock and a sample of MWF from that batch would have gleaned the same result.

I know there's mumblings about MWF reformulation, but the ingredients list is still the same. It is possible that there has been a change in supplier for one or more of those ingredients. I've yet to try a current MWF as I have most of a puck on the go and three furrther pucks in store. I am curious, though. We're hearing more and more "Fat-heads" saying the same thing - dud pucks, dissipating lather. Shame.

Ho-hum, Kent it out 'til that's gone and move on ... there's always LEA.

Back
Top Bottom