Is Arko Your Marmite?

Arko! Love it or Hate it?

• Love it!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it is a great soap. The formula, scent, performance and the package did not change since 1957. Is there another shave soap brand still keeping all the original qualities? at some point they either changed the formula, scent etc.. At least that means and shows that it is a good product. Some people argue about the scent but it washes off after using it anyway, it is not like stuck with you for hours.

I think it is a great soap. The formula, scent, performance and the package did not change since 1957. Is there another shave soap brand still keeping all the original qualities? at some point they either changed the formula, scent etc.. At least that means and shows that it is a good product. Some people argue about the scent but it washes off after using it anyway, it is not like stuck with you for hours.

Interesting info, thanks for that. Have you used the Derby Shaving Soap? If so how does it compare to Arko?

I'm a fan of Arko, I find it to be a decent performer and it's one of the few I'm fine with on a regular basis; I find some soaps' scents can be a bit too much.

Interesting info, thanks for that. Have you used the Derby Shaving Soap? If so how does it compare to Arko?

I'm a fan of Arko, I find it to be a decent performer and it's one of the few I'm fine with on a regular basis; I find some soaps' scents can be a bit too much.
The scent is not same but similar, performance is just as good. Derby is not as soft as Arko. There are other Turkish shave soaps, the other interesting one is Camelot which is very soft(like Vitos red) and have to be pressed in a bowl.
If you like Arko, then I'm sure you will like Derby and Camelot.

The scent is not same but similar, performance is just as good. Derby is not as soft as Arko. There are other Turkish shave soaps, the other interesting one is Camelot which is very soft(like Vitos red) and have to be pressed in a bowl.
If you like Arko, then I'm sure you will like Derby and Camelot.

There are a few Turkish shaving sticks I've been after, mainly for the picture of the guy with a beard of lather on his face.

I'm not sure why but they are a delight to look at.

1tt_008.jpg

Shame they seem to be quite difficult to get hold off in the UK at least.

Back
Top Bottom