Injector razors and blades

Have been trying out the PAA injector for the past couple of weeks and not particularly happy with it. The blade stops seem roughly formed with the result that the blade seems to move up over time; I have to look and make sure that the blade is aligned properly before each shave. One time it even slipped enough so that it was sitting on top of the stop and extending farther out over the guard than it should.

I am going to try filing the stops to reshape them and provide more of a secure hold on the blade and see if that solves things. I can see the allure of the injector shave, the blade is stiff and durable and very effective. But I don't think it is a better shave for me than I get with my Focus Dynamic R48. Probably going back to the Focus.

Well, I did file the stops so that they were perpendicular to the blade angle and that seems to have cleared things up. Spent the last week shaving with the PAA injector and the blade has stayed solid and fixed in place. Enjoyed the shave and the feel of the injector blade but went back to my Focus Dynamic R48 this morning. Closer and more comfortable and, 2 hours later, my skin is feeling smoother and healthier than with the injector.

Injector is going back into storage.

Been using my PAA injector razor but i find it a bit harsh.....wayyyy to much blade feel.

Do all injectors have a lot of blade feel???

I like the stiff injector blade but not the feel of this razor. Kinda feels like the angle is wrong or something....

I get a great BBS shave but my face doesnt feel too good afterwards.

Echoing comments from @mpf9ret above, you won't get the best Injector experience using inferior copies. Original J, L and N types are all mild but efficient with no harsh blade feel. For modern blades, I get best results with Chinese or Japanese Schicks rather than the B-20s.

L types are plentiful and usually cheap. Go on, treat yourself.

Echoing comments from @mpf9ret above, you won't get the best Injector experience using inferior copies. Original J, L and N types are all mild but efficient with no harsh blade feel. For modern blades, I get best results with Chinese or Japanese Schicks rather than the B-20s.

L types are plentiful and usually cheap. Go on, treat yourself.
Any experience of the Schick I type? Always fancied trying the shorter handle. Assume they have the same head as the J etc....

Back
Top Bottom