Impossible To Do Just One Pass

I've read that some gentlemen just lather up and shave with just one pass. Personally, I find this impossible to do! I just cannot resist another pass, as long as there's still lather left and a few minutes left on the clock, I have to go again with a second and maybe even a third pass.

What about you?

Ian

I do find it hard to do just a single pass which is strange because that is all I ever did with a Sensor. I am the same as HM, I can do one pass if I am having a quick tidy up to look presentable for work in the morning and plan to shave before going out in the evening, however I do find myself wanting to do that second pass.

Audiolab said:
that is all I ever did with a Sensor.

Ah thats probably because you used squirty foam rather than a brush. I never wanted to make more mess with squirty foam, but with a loaded nice smelling brush, the 2nd pass is too tempting.

Two passes plus touch up. A couple of nights ago I went a bit mad and did three with a new Feather blade. My skin was actually too smooth and felt irritated and a tad raw. I will definitely to stop at two from now on!

I actually go into the bathroom some mornings and think: "Right! Today, just one pass", but it usually ends up as 2 plus touch-up.

Ian

Audiolab said:
I do find it hard to do just a single pass which is strange because that is all I ever did with a Sensor. I am the same as HM, I can do one pass if I am having a quick tidy up to look presentable for work in the morning and plan to shave before going out in the evening, however I do find myself wanting to do that second pass.

Oh! Yeah! Baby! I want to... but I exercise self-control and hold myself back for the next shave.

The only other time I did a one-pass shave was last Sunday evening after 3 days of not shaving due to back issues... I simply couldn't bear the agony of standing to do the second pass.

I am one of the 'one pass' shavers.

Either directly against the grain with a Sensor, across with my safety or with the grain with my straight.

Im a 3 pass man down across and up on the last pass I do blade buffing and get a nice smooth finish. I have to shave every day and this is the best way to keep it down.

Back
Top Bottom