I'm moving on up!

Are they that good? I can't fault the way my moka pot makes a lovely espresso. I'd be hard pressed to spank 300 quid on something that does what a 20 quid pot can do.
[attachment=9666]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392842559204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392842559204.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 45
I can't say just how good it is since it hasn't arrived yet :mad: but I do know it's going to be Sooooooooo gooooood I can taste the coffee already

See for your self + what's inside the machine

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/S_DqUBgdsjU[/video]

Gairdner said:
Crikey, you could shave wi' yon froth. Go on John, get yon BK12 of yours worked in about it!

LOL tempting, very tempting, best not the BK12 would just drink all the coffee in one go, the greedy pig is just like a woman (you have to satisfy it before it satisfy's you) :s

Whats the benefit of this over the Gaggia Classic, is it just that it has a twin boiler which runs at different temperatures so you don't have to mess about waiting for the steam to heat up, or visa versa cooling the boiler down back to coffee making temperature after making steam.

For me, who only drinks espresso or Americano, hence I never use the steamer wand there would be no benefit I think. Not that I can afford one at the moment.

Looks a very nice bit of kit, and I'm sure if my Classic is anything to go by it will make fantastic coffee.

What do you have currently John, I assume you already have a decent grinder, if not you will need one.

I've been using a delonghi icona coffee machine, and a dualit grinder, so I'm sorted for a grinder, when it dies I can upgrade the grinder.

The Delonghi works well but it's only a single boiler, I've pushed it to its limits now, and I want a more in coffee house experience, that the poor Delonghi just can't give me.

It won't go to waste my dad will have it since I made him a coffee with it and he loved it.

Ah, yes I remember now. You know about the importance of a grinder then, I was just checking.

I am staying in Kingston Upon Thames at the moment and there is a great little coffee shop just up the road from me, makes excellent coffee. I go there for breakfast instead of the hotel, and then back in at lunchtime :)

Interestingly he heats the water for my Americano with the steam wand in the same way you would heat milk for a latte. I just boil the kettle at home, perhaps I should try steaming the water.

Just cover the little air hole in your wand with the milk but remember to clean it after use< is not sexual advice!

As for the grinder (I'm only bothering to type this for the noobs)

If you want to get a coffee machine like the above, then to get the best out of it, you MUST get a grinder! (Preferably an adjustable for different grinds) Yes shop brought pre ground will work in it but it's not fine enough nor is it fresh enough so your not going to get the benefit of the machine

As for the un pressurised basket, yes your going to need a tamper, a tamper mat is a good idea, and a Knock box should also be on the cards, there's only a limit to my wife's patience with coffee grinds all over the kitchen, and dents in the worktop :angel:

Well it's arrived but not without some skullfuckery free of charge :mad:

The first order I placed the vender didn't have it in stock so.....refund :mad:

The second Vender couldn't be arsed = tongue Lashing from me = arrived the next day :mad:

:icon_mad: Why in gods fucking name have Gaggia put pressurised baskets in :mad: :mad: :mad: (put your own comments about that)

Replacements for non pressurised baskets ordered!!!!!

Overall I love the machine ( the sun shines out of its arse ) :angel:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 19
Sorry I was having a bit of a rant, :blush: it is a lovely machine, it's just the incompatible fuck wits that walk around the planet annoying me I have issues with :dodgy:

Won't be long before marbs starts, quiet surprised he hasn't already :dodgy:

Ps Mr G yes it does He He He

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
John said:
Ps Mr G yes it does He He He

I just hope that amongst the innumerable laws of physics, there is one that may not be counted. I fervently hope that sunlight cannot itself carry odours or vapours of any kind but if so, kindly point your hint end south'ard!

Back
Top Bottom