ID assistance requested please?

AJP

I only have this pic, but what would you experienced guys say it is?

How much would you say is a good price too? :D

Cheers guys,

Tony.

Attachments

• 21Feb10.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 107
Ball end tech

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1951%20British%20Tech%20Set%20No32.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1 ... 20No32.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Cool thanks.

What is a good price for a Ball End in the condition you can see from the pic? Admittedly, you can't see much - SWMBO saw in on ebay and bidded for me :D £12 posted, so not too expensive......so long as it is in an ok condition :?:

Oh well, cheers,
Tony.

Hmmm, methinks i need to step away from the 'Bay. (And get SWMBO to as well!) I need to do more thorough research before looking (and bidding) on items there :D

Live and learn i guess!

Tony.

well the condition looks good and the razor is a solid performer so you are about right with the money.

The bay is a weird one. Last year or so Prices for shaving related stuff have gone through the roof...
Its rare to see a Fatboy on the Bay for less than £35 these days and often the go for upto £70 !? (Hardly ever use my Fatboy , very average shaver tbh)

£12 for a good condition cased tech is about Par for the course imo.

Just need to do a little looking around on price histories before you go spending to much on a Bay razor.

Attero said:
The bay is a weird one. Last year or so Prices for shaving related stuff have gone through the roof...
Its rare to see a Fatboy on the Bay for less than £35 these days and often the go for upto £70 !? (Hardly ever use my Fatboy , very average shaver tbh)

£12 for a good condition cased tech is about Par for the course imo.

Just need to do a little looking around on price histories before you go spending to much on a Bay razor.

So maybe it was an ok deal! :D Like the sound of that! Onle time will tell as to what condition it is actually is, as the pic above is the only pic of it.

(If you are looking at selling that FatBoy......... :lol: )

Cheers,
Tony.

The rule of the bay really is - The more expensive the item is - the more photos there should be to make sure your not buying a lemon.
Never be afraid to request better pics .. especially of the Head and the Screw joint - As Brassing on the head and cracks at the joint are common.

Any vendor unwilling to give you a pic is IMO hiding something.

Ooh never.. I love collecting razors.. Plus given the current prices makes me all the more pleased to have picked mine up for £5 :D
Gotta love car boots.

Attero said:
Ooh never.. I love collecting razors.. Plus given the current prices makes me all the more pleased to have picked mine up for £5 :D
Gotta love car boots.

Worth a try! :lol: £5 though - bloody good deal. I am now going to have to accompany SWMBO to the flea markets here and keep my eyes open! When i'm back in sunny Britain, it will definately be a return to the Car Boots!

£5 though - bloody good deal.

Not as good as the Brand new Merkur #180 i picked up for £2.00 :shock:
Even more shocking was it was £2.75 Till my Haggle Hero misuses did her old reverse whistle head tilt and , "tell you what hows £2 and your cutting my arm off."
Nearly spit out my tea when the seller said alright then..

Back
Top Bottom