I just don't want easy...

I like my Muelle R41 as a daily shaver but sometimes I just don't want easy...

which is the most aggressive non vintage razor out there?

Doesn't have to be open comb, adjustables don't count.

If you want an exciting shaving experience buy a Parker TTO - typically unbalanced (so ultra aggressive one side, ultra mild the other), thin doors on the TTO that ping off randomly under properly tightened conditions... I'm sure Parker made at least one TTO that worked properly, but I'm not prepared to look for it :lol:

I know a razor that is supposed to be aggressive but isn't - Merkur Slant. For some reason it's got this reputation for being aggressive, which I have found to be completely untrue.

The most aggresive razor that I have ever used is a Futur, but obviously, that doesn't count.

Ian

I've done the loosen the tto thing to give it a bit more kick, my dad does it all the time.

Any time I've mentioned it elsewhere I've been told to stop immediately and go get an adjustable. I went and got a fatboy and still prefer my SS, sometimes a little lose. Despite the dire warnings I'm still as beautiful as ever :mrgreen:

In my collection it is the older style R41

Here is a shot of them both together, as you can see the angle on the older R41 (right) is different. Also the handle is a solid one and this extra weight make it so easy to put pressure on an area you are sensitive with, in saying that with the right prep it can give great results.

Don't know if that counts as it is no longer in production but it is not vintage yet but although discontinued you can still get the older R41 from Timothy Edwards for £30 complete with a nice case and last time I looked one of the Irish Barber eBay sites had them as well.

Let me know if you want a loan of it and I will pop it in the post to you.

IMG_0476.jpg

Proinsias said:
I've done the loosen the tto thing to give it a bit more kick, my dad does it all the time.

Any time I've mentioned it elsewhere I've been told to stop immediately and go get an adjustable. I went and got a fatboy and still prefer my SS, sometimes a little lose. Despite the dire warnings I'm still as beautiful as ever :mrgreen:

The instructions with the R41 actually suggested loosening the thread a little to make it more aggressive when shaving the neck area, as long as it doesn't work loose I don't see a problem.

Although discontinued, still available through Pauldog, the excellent Feather Portable is very aggressive. I use mine with a handle from a crud Parker to give it touch more heft.

Back
Top Bottom