How often?

4 shaves for me. Which is usually every 4/5 days, sometimes i wont shave on a day.
I sometimes get 5, but with the Derbys my 5th shave was pants, and should of changed it before.
Israelis i got to last 5 shaves though i think.

hunnymonster said:
Depends on the blade... anything from ½ a shave (Dorco - could bear it no longer) to 7 shaves (Gillette Super Thin), most blades are somewhere between 3 & 4 I guess.

HM
Your opinion, Gillette super thins (Thais), are they the best de blades currently in production? If not which?

hunnymonster said:
For me personally, I'd not be unhappy to shave with them for the rest of my nat.

Yup! My sentiments as previously posted. Someone sent me Swedes a while back and I thought these were the ultimate. Astra Superior Plats for work shaves, Gillette Bleue extra for days off, Thais for going out. In a perfect world that would be my routine.

Regards

I've made an arbitrary assumption that there will be a fall off in performance after 3 days. So that's it. Why spend a significant part of your life using a less than excellent blade at the price we are paying? My red personnas keep me going for around £9 a year. Using one a week Mach 3s would now cost around £73 annually from Tescos.

I guess a lot depends on your beard; my light Scandinavian facial hair is probably fairly easy on blades.

Just another benefit of belonging to the Master Race.

I'll see if the White Power and the Aryan Nation forums have any traditional shavers - might be good sources of new members?
;)

Really depends upon the blade.

DE Blades - Swede and 7O'Clock yellows: 5 o 6. Feather: 3

Injector blades: About 4

Mach3: 7

The number indicates the number of shaves, and not days.

Ian

Fido said:
I've made an arbitrary assumption that there will be a fall off in performance after 3 days. So that's it. Why spend a significant part of your life using a less than excellent blade at the price we are paying?

Same for me with Red Personnas, Super Iridiums and Feathers, which seem to be the blades that work for me.

I mostly use them for three shaves; I do feel a drop in the quality of the shave on the fourth shave with a lot of blades and for the cost it is not worth worrying if I could have got another shave or not.

I have some blades that I can easily got more shaves out of, so sometimes what I do is use a three shave blade Sun-Tues and then a longer lasting blade for the other four

Back
Top Bottom