How long have I got?!

Well I sure had some fun yesterday. Found this site. Had a good look round. Sought some suggestions. Amazing - a whole new world. Is their a degree course I might take in the art of shaving? It is incredible how much there is to find out about anything once you decide to explore. I have scraped away all my life with bog standard razors and gels bought by my wife and never given it a thought. It was only thinking about the silly prices of modern blades that got me into this. If I follow up and sample all the suggestions about creams,soaps, blades :lol: :lol: etc I reckon I will be long gone before I can come to any conclusions! Some people seem to have enough blades to keep us all supplied for years.

I would like to thank those who responded to my posts and I am going to have a lot of fun following up tips picked up here. I've sacked the wife from her shaving product purchase duties.

I have a feeling that having saved the cost of those modern blades I am going to end up with a rather more costly shaving regime. But at least I am looking forward to my daily shave now and will enjoy the ride in the coming months.

Cheated a bit with the avatar - about 50 years ago no one told me to shave my chin.

Nice pic :D
Initially you will spend a bit more,you can build up a good starter kit without spending a lot but I am sure you will enjoy buying more than you need.I have posted a few things to get you started :)

The good thing Fido is that you can spend as much or as little as you like and still get good shaves combined with a pleasurable experience. That said, this hobby of ours can get a hold on you and your wallet may start to groan. :lol:

A convert! Eeexcellent *tented fingers* You can start off in straight shaving for under £100. Maybe even less. You can adapt the cost to your means.

Fido said:
I've sacked the wife from her shaving product purchase duties.

That's all wrong - she doesn't need to be sacked, just repurposed to look in different places... I know my other/better half has spotted more than one or two shaving-related items on her travels that I'd have missed.

Real Shaving Co. Shaving Cream - Home Bargains - £1.29 - I'd have missed it.

There is a lot of choice out there giving an infinite number of shaving tackle combinations. There is potentially a sizeable cost in this 'hobby', but of course there doesn't have to be. One of the things about B&B that annoyed me was that as soon as someone joined and made their first post, dozens of comments appeared about how much they would end up spending. Well to me this is a sure-fire way of putting off a considerable number of chaps who may wish to venture in to 'proper' wet shaving. I reckon a very decent kit with enough blades for a year could be had for around £40 if chosen carefully. That's about 10p a day. :shave

I'm thoroughly in agreement with PC. It really wouldn't be that much of a hardship to be restricted to a Tech, blades from Tesco or Asda, a boar brush and Palmolive, and entirely preferable to the multi-blade and gel / foam alternative.

Back
Top Bottom