How does the Blacklands Vector rate?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I do so love SE's and thinking which way do I look next? So far I have a General, a Mongoose and a Rolls. The last being a bit of an oddity in the world of SE, but has a sort of lethal charm about it.

Oneblade Hybrid? Con.Only one blade availble
ATT? Con. I was never truly struck by their DE I had for a while

And at the top of my curiosity list the Blacklands Vector. Any thoughts as how it is to live with? Smooth? Aggressive? Mild? Manufacturing?

Thanks in advance

I share your interest in the Vector, but have been put off by the cost and lack of easy availability in the UK. In all probability I will get hold of one at some time, because I really like AC format razors, and it does look like a good design.
Regarding the ATT option, I also have one of their DEs (the R1) and have never been impressed by it. It's ok, but no more than that, and I believe could have been a lot better in terms of looks and performance, especially at that price. However, the aluminium ATT SE1 I have is a fantastic razor and probably the one I have used most over the last year or so. It can bite, but once mastered gives a close and very comfortable shave in a short time. Also, I like the relatively light weight and look of the anodised finish.

I do so love SE's and thinking which way do I look next? So far I have a General, a Mongoose and a Rolls. The last being a bit of an oddity in the world of SE, but has a sort of lethal charm about it.

Oneblade Hybrid? Con.Only one blade availble
ATT? Con. I was never truly struck by their DE I had for a while

And at the top of my curiosity list the Blacklands Vector. Any thoughts as how it is to live with? Smooth? Aggressive? Mild? Manufacturing?

Thanks in advance
I was fortunate enough to be lent one by a fellow member from another fourm to use and within two uses I knew I would be buying one.
When used with a Proline blade It was smooth and mild and gave a good shave, on my second shave I used a Feather Pro Super and this changed things a little, it was now like shaving with my Cobra Classic ( with a Proline fitted ) a super close shave with a little more bite but still smooth.
It is a very well made peice of kit and felt great in the hand, very well ballanced and perfectly in proportion and works with different blades so you should be able to find a blade that you like.
I'm going for the polished version and hopefully I will have it soon from the Shave Lounge.

I was fortunate enough to be lent one by a fellow member from another fourm to use and within two uses I knew I would be buying one.
When used with a Proline blade It was smooth and mild and gave a good shave, on my second shave I used a Feather Pro Super and this changed things a little, it was now like shaving with my Cobra Classic ( with a Proline fitted ) a super close shave with a little more bite but still smooth.
It is a very well made peice of kit and felt great in the hand, very well ballanced and perfectly in proportion and works with different blades so you should be able to find a blade that you like.
I'm going for the polished version and hopefully I will have it soon from the Shave Lounge.

As you probably know by now but I went the Oneblade route and no regrets at all......but the Vector remains on the radar. Unfortunately I volunteered to pay for the new fancy radiators in the living room (A long promise) and so anything else has gone on the back burner, or beyond dreaming of more sink ornaments.

Back
Top Bottom