Homelike start razors

Hi all.

Been seeing these Russian brand of razors appear on some Youtube videos recently (Homelike razors). Was wondering if anyone has bought or used one? They look nice and quite well made and seem to get praise in the videos Ive seen them in. The temptation to buy the open comb is there.

start_2.jpg

start_6 (1).jpg

Polish_2.jpg

Hi all.

Been seeing these Russian brand of razors appear on some Youtube videos recently (Homelike razors). Was wondering if anyone has bought or used one? They look nice and quite well made and seem to get praise in the videos Ive seen them in. The temptation to buy the open comb is there.

View attachment 48661

View attachment 48662

View attachment 48663
They have been getting good reviews on the shaving fourms, by all acounts very good razors for a reasonable price. Had I have been in the market for a new razor I would give it a punt. :) P.

I'd love to add one to my collection but there's no way I could justify paying £100 + for a razor.
They do look amazing though.

Think of it this way..it's £100+ for three razors.
I might buy the open comb razor by itself as I don't have many open combs.

EDIT : my bad...it comes with 4 baseplates, not 3. so essentially 4 razors

Last edited:
Yesterday I received a polished CTAPT cap and a polished CTAPT OC baseplate.
Today the maiden trip of this razor (head) in my SOTD:
SOTD 20191103.
ZSYILdj.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "CTAPT" (START) 0.90 OC / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (4).
DejaVu "Cool" ASL.
The CTAPT razor shaves comfortably and effective - about the same as the Game Changer 0.84 OC.
The razor head weights 41 grams (including blade), today with a stainless steel handle of 95 grams.
Tomorrow I will test this razor with a titanium handle for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom