holiday equipment

Ok I'm off to florida for october, I've got the soap sorted, palmolive
Shave stick and old spice honeybee triple milled. A/s old spice and
Something from state side not sure what yet?
Wilki badger bristle brush.
Now I'm stuck on razor do I do super adjustable? Wapi straight? Or
Persona cartridge cheap from morrisons? Don't get on with shite disposables
To light and as its 4 weeks I need something reliable

Any sugestions on a/s or razor appreciated

Regards
Colin

What I do on business trips is take a DE razor in my pocket/carry-on bag - I've had 2 razors stolen from checked-in baggage (I know stolen, customs & airport security leave cards if they rifle through your smalls) so reluctant to do that again... put the blades in the checked-in baggage though - if the thieving "hippo" bastards want to nick them, then I hope they take their finger ends off in the process.

If you take a DE razor, leave the blades out. If you want a straight, I wouldn't try to take that on the plane. They won't let me take on my sunscreen, so I doubt they'd allow a four inch cutting edge.

Take the fatboy Fatboy.

If you like the Honeybee's you can always stock up cheaply if you are there for a month and get yourself a gallon
of Aqua Velva if the beer sucks you can sup on that. :D

Seriously though I wouldn't take a tonne of AS your'e bound to fine something you might like.

aftershaves - i'd get on arrival, Aqua Velva etc.
lets face it, you'll be buying some anyway :roll:

razor - no way i'd take the cut-throat, i'd go down the disposable route i'm afraid but if you must take a DE then take one you won't miss if it gets knicked/lost/broken

I am off to Oz for three weeks at end of Sept. My kit will include

Razor- Merkur travel see in reviews
small vulfix pure badger brush, no tube as yet
T&H 1801 cream in tube.
Feather blades
Not sure what I 'm doing for moisturiser/ cologne

Maybe DR Harris freshening cologne

C

Me?
Am spending a week on the Gold coast near Brisbaine with family for my Dads 60'th B'Day, then heading up a bit to the Whitsundays and that for two weeks of chilling, diving, fishing etc . My Gf is comming too.
I have not sorted hotels yet, I am supposed to be doing that now whilst I convaless but TSR is distracting me!

C

had 3 weeks in Surfers on the Gold coast myself many moons ago

i survived schoolies '95 :lol:

miles and miles of vertical smiles :D

a regular thing on Sundays was to go to Fisherman's Wharf - all day sesh, live bands etc
plus you could walk round the wharf to a Brit pub which had all you could eat BBQ for $10

Hmmmm smiles......oh sorry i was some where else for a min there. :!: :mrgreen:

I have made a blade descision...Shave shack blades. Reasons;
They are not too bad, have a good box with disposal bit at the back, I have millions so can just single use them so no issue of how to store blade mid use if disassembling razor (Mer-trav).

Now all I need to do is descide where to go/stay for the the two weeks. The list includes the Whitsundays, diving, boat fishing, just chilling on the beach and some really good food and drink. Other issue is where to get good beer VB sucks.

C

:eek: VB doesn't suck

Hahn Ice
Carlton Cold

are the other 2 i can remember, but NEVER, EVER order XXXX or Fosters you'll be run out of town :oops: :lol:

the local we frequented had bikini clad waitresses on at night and beer is bought by the jug not the pint ;)

Back
Top Bottom