Hi! New to the forums, Just started shaving my head.

Hi everyone i'm new to the forums. Just thought i'd say what's up.

Started losing my hair and recently came to the conclusion my hairline is no longer salvageable, although my hair is very thick. So I bought myself a Gillette Fusion Proglide value pack (blade + 10 razors) and have been shaving my head bald for almost two weeks now, i'm feeling and looking great, only problem is i'm on my fifth blade and it hasn't even been two weeks since I took the plunge:eek:.

Now that I've explained my predicament, i'm sure you can all appreciate how costly my new image could end up being unless I change something up.

I have very limited shaving experience, I've rocked some sort of facial hair for as long as I could grow it, and am very finicky so I leave it's maintenance to my barber :cool:.

So I came to the Shave Room to find out more about shaving with a double edged razor from the experts ;). Peace.

Welcome to TSR. I cannot help with the head shaving but a Merkur 34C with an Astra SP or Gillette Silver Blue blade would be my first choice. DE blades are cheap so over a year the DE razor would be cheaper than the Fusion.
Sounds good, that may be the way I go. I'm gonna lurk around a bit more before I buy anything thou.:)

Ey up bullet head, I've started shaving my dome too. To get used to doing it I used the 2 blade disposable Bic ones as I tended to let it grow too much in between shaves. I'd go with a mild razor first so you get use to angles etc, something like an Edwin Jagger 89. Blades is a different beast, find ones you like, perhaps get a sample pack & try a few out.

Omnishaver gets great reviews for head shaving. I haven't personally tried it, but my hairline is 25% further up than it used to be, so I probs should start soon!

Also, why not put your name down for the Newbie box. A selection of soaps, blades, balms, and razors to try. Link in my signature and in welcome forum sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom