Hi everyone

I've been meaning to join a forum for ages and finally got round to it. I started DE shaving a couple of years ago after 30 years of using cartridges. Started with a Merkur 34C and a bloody face which put me off a good few months. Now I've got a cupboard full of shaving stuff and I rarely cut myself. My technique has improved very slowly because I have a tremor in my dominant right hand and I had to switch to my left. It does take me ages so I sometimes use a disposable/canned foam combination for a quick workday shave.

I haven't really looked around the forum yet but I'm sure you're all a fun and friendly bunch.

Same here. My DE shaving days are over now and I've got loads of loose blades and blade packs to get rid of.
Hello @Omer .
Are you aware that there are razors which take DE blades snapped/cut in half, several of which have a pivoting head? They tend to be easy to use, like a disposable or cartridge razor. I can point you toward some if that's something which interests you.

Thanks. That does sound interesting and I'm happy to try anything. Last Sunday I tried my most trusted DE set up in the hope of restarting this little hobby. But the shave didn't go well and I had to get the disposable out to finish it. My DE shaving skill level was previously at a point where I very rarely cut myself but on Sunday it was like going back to my beginner days. Not exactly a bloodbath but enough to know that it's time to pack up and move on.

Let me know what you're thinking. If it's as easy and bloodless as a Gillette Blue 3 disposable, I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

Emotion Greeting GIF by echilibrultau

Back
Top Bottom