Help to stop bleeding

Evening all,

hope you all had a great festive season.
I've really been enjoying my time in the bathroom with my DE razor, however just recently I keep catching what's left of a mole on my chin (not been an issue for years). When I first started with a DE i seemed to get away with not catching it, I'm not aware of doing anything different or using anything different (razor blade or soap) but now keep catching it. I'm determined to get it right but I'm the mean time what can you suggest to help stem the blood, as you would suspect it does bleed a bit.
Many thanks

yogi

Evening all,

I've really been enjoying my time in the bathroom with my DE razor, however just recently I keep catching what's left of a mole on my chin (not been an issue for years). When I first started with a DE i seemed to get away with not catching it, I'm not aware of doing anything different or using anything different (razor blade or soap) but now keep catching it. I'm determined to get it right but I'm the mean time what can you suggest to help stem the blood, as you would suspect it does bleed a bit.
Many thanks

yogi
All you need is a styptic pencil, you can get them from most supermarkets. Wet the end of the white pencil and dab it on the bit that's bleeding, it stings like heck but..... It stops the blood flow.

All you need is a styptic pencil, you can get them from most supermarkets. Wet the end of the white pencil and dab it on the bit that's bleeding, it stings like heck but..... It stops the blood flow.

Thanks,

that was what I was thinking, just wanted to know if you guys had any other solutions.
Yogi

Hiya,

My choice years ago was a roll on liquid called My Nik is Sealed and always have it around. Having used the styptic pencils as a kid, this product is better for at least a few reasons. It rolls on and to me that's a more effective application, plus it's clear......see through.

Not very expensive considering longevity and works well for me. Heh, it gets your attention just like those pencils.

Martin

Last edited:
Use a wart remover. No more worries after that.
I had the odd wart or two plus a lot of sunburn caused 'lumps' (there is a name for it but I forget at the moment).
Looks like a flat brown wart anyway. Most of these just shaved down with no drama, apart from the brown flattish 'wart' that my razor couldn't shave off.
My Doctor put me onto a wart remover (liquid stuff called Duofilm).
This works so well!
May take a few daily treatments to 'burn' all the wart off.
I would be doing that rather than shaving them off.
No blood, just a wee tingle when you first apply the liquid.
Don't put it on your 'willy' though as I'm sure it would not be pleasant!

Evening all,

Many thanks

yogi
Pro Raso Shave Healing Gel works for me - very effective, £2.50 on Amazon.

Hiya,

My choice years ago was a roll on liquid called My Nik is Sealed and always have it around. Having used the styptic pencils as a kid, this product is better for at least a few reasons. It rolls on and to me that's a more effective application, plus it's clear......see through.

Not very expensive considering longevity and works well for me. Heh, it gets your attention just like those pencils.

Martin
I heard good things, but alas - it is not available in the UK.
Pro Raso Shave Healing Gel works for me - very effective, £2.50 on Amazon.
Proraso Riparatore is indeed very good if you need it often.
It tends to dry out if you only need it twice a year. The second time you'll need it you won't get any out of the tube.
Other than that it's brilliant. It really works. If you cut yourself often - give it a go.
Small round plasters are useful for the rare disaster.

Tried alum, styptic pencils, powdered clay, toilet paper... What works is a tea bag. I caught that on the Internet a few years ago when I zinged my ear going after a stray hair and nothing was working.

Wet the tea bag and hold it to the cut with light to moderate pressure. Takes a couple of minutes, but it does the deed. I have only used black tea, but if tannin is the active ingredient, then I suppose green tea would suffice.

Always carry a couple of Lipton's finest in my toiletries bag when I travel.

Back
Top Bottom