Help needed.. Stolen straight razor collection from Germany

A distressed shaver from Germany has just posted the following message.
If you notice anything unusual showing up on ebay/elsewhere, please contact the guy.
Bastards.

----

Hello anyone. Long time (years) gone since my last visit.
Sadly it's a bad reason to write a new thread.

I came back to my home in Germany from a 3 weeks holyday trip in Portugal and found that someone has visited my house through a smashed window.
My complete antique/vintage Straight Razor collection is stolen. 150 of the finest and nicest cut throats collected and restaurated and sharpended since 20 years in very very good condition!
Many W&B, 2 Sahara Camel Rider, 1 Globemen, Friodur, Filarmonica, Pumas, Lou Per, some old french Choper, some svedish Heljestrand, Tennis, Bockla, Böker, Zwilling, Wacker, many Ern and and and... All gone :-(((
Some of the with Ivory scales, Tortoise, Narwal, Walrus...
I fear the collection is minimum 20k Euro worth. Actually I think some more for a collector.

If anyone may find in ebay or other market places PLEASE gimme ma a Hint to:

uburoy at genial.ms subject "Stolen Razor"

I have good fotos from all of them so I can absolutely decide if its one of mine or not. Also I have used the Razors for many years in dayli shave and know anything about them.

PLEASE HELP and Share wherever you can.

Thanks a lot, friends.

I think this is a decent enough request - if you suddenly notice some interesting razors coming up from sellers who don't usually deal in them, it's enough to raise suspicions and let the guy know. However, I doubt if anyone would be stupid enough to try and sell them on Ebay - but you never know if someone who perhaps buys one from the thieves might try his/her luck.
Hello Rob

Good to See You Back Auld Champion..:D

Billy

Where did he post the original message?I hope people will help the guy out. It is probably an opportunistic theft though and the little sods will probably sell them for a few quid to fund a drugs habit. I really feel for him :(

Where did he post the original message?I hope people will help the guy out. It is probably an opportunistic theft though and the little sods will probably sell them for a few quid to fund a drugs habit. I really feel for him :(
The original message was posted in German and English on two German shaving forums.
He knows it's a long shot, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

The original message was posted in German and English on two German shaving forums.
He knows it's a long shot, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.
Not so much of a long shot, they will be hard to shift anywhere now. If anything they will go to a scum bag collector who couldn't give a stuff where they are from and he will pay peanuts for them. He can only hope that someone is fool enough to put them on eBay.

Yea I saw on youtube that there was some Irish lowlife operating a mail scam and stealing razors. It looks like there are scumbags everywhere even in thr wet shaving community
Operating outside of a community like ours, it couldn't / wouldn't happen here. Unless I'm am mistaken but I don't think so. I don't think there is anyone here who would knowingly buy a stolen razor.

Hope so indeed. The youtube user Chirholmin named and shamed the guy as a Philip Brennan aka Logan from Dublin. His method was to enter forums, build up a rapport with guys then offer to trade. He got peoole's razors but they never got anything from him.

I reckon though that either these were stolen to order by someone who knew of this collection or it was some druggie lowlife. Would a druggie run off with a complete collection like this though? Does have an aura of a targeted theft on second thoughts.

Last edited:
Hope so indeed. The youtube user Chirholmin named and shamed the guy as a Philip Brennan aka Logan from Dublin. His method was to enter forums, build up a rapport with guys then offer to trade. He got peoole's razors but they never got anything from him.

I reckon though that either these were stolen to order by someone who knew of this collection or it was some druggie lowlife. Would a druggie run off with a complete collection like this though? Does have an aura of a targetted theft on second thoughts.
well hopefully whoever it was will slip up somehow and get caught and then we may find out if he was targeted or if it was an oppertunist type crime, ether way we are looking at sticky fingered scum. It comes to something when a mans razors are at risk of theft, what next?

What I've been doing recently just before going on holiday is pack all my SR in shoe boxes and take them to work, I have a locker in my office and put them there all locked up, the office is restricted and the door area monitored 24hrs and always a colleague signed in there, the first time I packed them up the wife got real happy thinking good riddance, she was not all pleased when I told her they were coming back once we got back from the holiday, I looked at her wardrobe and thought good luck to your shoes and handbags.

Back
Top Bottom