Help and advice for a noob

Good evening,

I have been using for 4 years a Shavemac brush. It's a daily driver and I thought I was taking good care of it, today I discovered I wasn't.

I shave at work Monday to Friday and I don't soak it much, just dip it with warm water and I face lather.
I never apply pressure, lather and clean it after two passes with warm water.
Because I have no windows at work I put it to dry near a heater at minimum power, around 30 cm from it.
Once every two weeks, I leave it for ten minutes in warm water and a tiny bit of white vinegar. 1/20 proportions.

Today I discovered a lot of the hairs are fracturing, but a lot of them.
I deciding to pull a bit and got what can be seen in the pictures (sheeding broken hairs like crazy).
Seems like I have killed it and I feel very bad because I have a lot of feelings for this brush; first one ever.

Could let me know your opinion?
I would like to get another one but I don't want to repeat the mistakes.
Was it to get it dry next to the heater?
Or to get it soaked in vinegar every 14 days to get rid of the soap scum?
If you need more details, let me know.

Thank you so much for your time.
brush1.jpgbrush2.jpgheater.jpg

That brush has had a hard life!

You're probably better off with a synthetic for your work brush as it will dry in a few hours - even in that environment. They're also a lot less costly if they do fail.

Ok, I'll go synthetic.
Can anybody recommend anything?
If you want to retain some of the feel of badger and not wait for something to come from abroad, I'd go with this:

Daily driver but in my previous job had a window with fresh air 24/7.
Never shedding or anything.
Since I got here the problem started.
All hairs in the fan are broken.28DA2810-3EA5-4AF8-BD06-1916AC38040C.jpeg

Shavemac do some very good synthetic brushes, with nice knots and a choice of handles. They're pretty reasonably priced for what they are. Look at the brush configurator on the Shavemac website.

Back
Top Bottom