Hello from Holland

Hi, i have switched from cassette systems to real wet shaving a few years ago, bought some stuff from a barbershop i found wile roaming around a small town on a whim, and used it like i did use my Gillette Mach 3, boy was i lucky i bought a MÜHLE 89R with Feather blades, because why not, and the name sounded nice.
also got the TBS Sandalwood in a wooden bowl and still had a small brush from the Bodyshop from way way back.
I always did just one pass, with quite some pressure, and got reasonable results (i thought).
On a whim again i bought the Qshave Futur clone on Aliexpress and went searching for more info.
Then i stumbled over the Dutch Shaving Forum, and read, and read, and read some more. Now i know, no pressure (boy what a bloodbath the first time i used my Fatip Picollo Open Comb!) using no pressure at all is hard to do, at least if your muscle memory has 30 years of wrong shaving habits to unlearn!
I have a lot more stuff nowadays, and am rather fond of the Stirling soaps.
I hope to learn a lot and meet like-minded folks here :)

@Helveticum Van Der Lovett Shaving Soap, they have 3 variations and aftershave balms not bad considering the price, I like the Sailors Blend including the AS Balm and have it in my soap rotation.
It is not a remarkable soap, but it is way above Vergulde Hand (at the same price i think). My personal preference leans more to the heavier US soap fragrances.
Although there are some rather good shops selling stuff in Holland they are far and few in-between, compared with the US it feels a bit like a desert.

@Helveticum Van Der Lovett Shaving Soap, they have 3 variations and aftershave balms not bad considering the price, I like the Sailors Blend including the AS Balm and have it in my soap rotation.
It is not a remarkable soap, but it is way above Vergulde Hand (at the same price i think). My personal preference leans more to the heavier US soap fragrances.
Although there are some rather good shops selling stuff in Holland they are far and few in-between, compared with the US it feels a bit like a desert.
Can you send the shops name? Just to check if they do online! Please! Thanks!

I'm in Amsterdam for a few days in May, is it possible to get somewhere physical? Or only via online ordering?

I'm in Amsterdam for a few days in May, is it possible to get somewhere physical? Or only via online ordering?
I can not find a store that sells it in Amsterdam (but that is not saying much, as i am a lousy searcher), but i do live nearby Amsterdam (30 minutes by car), if you really want some, i could order and we meet somewhere.
Maybe you can let it deliver to a pickup point near where you are staying, PostNL has a lot of them in Amsterdam.

I can not find a store that sells it in Amsterdam (but that is not saying much, as i am a lousy searcher), but i do live nearby Amsterdam (30 minutes by car), if you really want some, i could order and we meet somewhere.
Maybe you can let it deliver to a pickup point near where you are staying, PostNL has a lot of them in Amsterdam.
Thank you for the offer! Where would you get it online usually? I found some store with a seemingly decent price:

Thank you for the offer! Where would you get it online usually? I found some store with a seemingly decent price:
I posted the link in a reply to Pelada, Drogisterij.net
Not as cheap as the other one, but i tend to go to stores i know from previous buys and who will certainly deliver ;)
But then again, i am a bit paranoid about unknown webshops.
I have just googled the shop and did not find obvious red flags and complains, so it could be a good choice, do they deliver in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom