Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time lurker. New here, but not new to wet shaving.

I've got a coarse/wiry beard (like a hedgehog, hence the ID), and sensitive skin (particularly my chin and sometimes my neck on the left side). I won't bore you with all the details but long story short; if my shave is either too efficient or a tug-fest I'll get ingrown hairs/razor bumps primarily on my chin 48 hours later. Hence I'm only able to shave twice a week in a three and four day cycle. My beard is dense and grows fast, so my requirements are very different compared to a daily shaver.

I'm mainly a DE shaver. I also dabble with SE, and dare I say a couple of cartridge razors. After many years, I have a few combination of razors (modern and vintage) and blades that work fairly well for me causing as little ingrown hairs/razor bumps as possible (a new combination that currently looks promising at the time of this post). I don't push for BBS as it'd cause too much irritation for me. I'm usually capable of DFS or thereabouts.

If someone in the UK or EU has a Schick Adjustable Injector Razor in reasonable condition for a fair price, please get in touch. I'm not bothered about a case or blades to go with it, just the razor in good working order itself.

Cheers for now!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm a long time lurker. New here, but not new to wet shaving.

I've got a coarse/wiry beard (like a hedgehog, hence the ID), and sensitive skin (particularly my chin and sometimes my neck on the left side). I won't bore you with all the details but long story short; if my shave is either too efficient or a tug-fest I'll get ingrown hairs/razor bumps primarily on my chin 48 hours later. Hence I'm only able to shave twice a week in a three and four day cycle. My beard is dense and grows fast, so my requirements are very different compared to a daily shaver.

I'm mainly a DE shaver. I also dabble with SE, and dare I say a couple of cartridge razors. After many years, I have a few combination of razors (modern and vintage) and blades that work fairly well for me causing as little ingrown hairs/razor bumps as possible (a new combination that currently looks promising at the time of this post). I don't push for BBS as it'd cause too much irritation for me. I'm usually capable of DFS or thereabouts.

If someone in the UK or EU has a Schick Adjustable Injector Razor in reasonable condition for a fair price, please get in touch. I'm not bothered about a case or blades to go with it, just the razor in good working order itself.

Cheers for now!
Welcome to the forum and I hope you get sorted. Have you tried any of the DE adjustables?

Welcome.
Have you tried the Schick adjustable? I had one and sold it. I much preferred my Schick E. I now only have a Karve, a Schick E, and a Schick shavette. I used to have a drawer full of razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get sorted. Have you tried any of the DE adjustables?
Hi Tony'schin

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, one of go to combinations is a Gillette Fat Boy (first pass WTG on 7, second pass XTG on 4) and a Feather Blade. I have a Christopher Bradley Karve Razor, but currently I'm unable to find matching blades to suit. My Merkur Progress I haven't used for a while, but as I remember I couldn't get it to play as nice with a Feather Blade as I could with my Gillette Fat Boy.

Last edited:
Welcome.
Have you tried the Schick adjustable? I had one and sold it. I much preferred my Schick E. I now only have a Karve, a Schick E, and a Schick shavette. I used to have a drawer full of razors.

Hi Mbarn

Thanks for the welcome.

No unfortunately. I would've been up for that purchase! I have a Supply Razor which on Plate 2 with a Schick Injector B-20 Blade is a combination I'm evaluating at the moment. On Plate 3 its too aggressive, on Plate 2 its almost there. If there was a Plate 2.5, I think that's potentially perfect which is why I'm interested in Schick Adjustable Injector Razor. I suspect I'll be able to dial in the perfect shave. I also have a clone of the Schick ‘L' Type Injector Razor which is too mild for me currently, but is similar to Plate 1 on the Supply Razor IMHO which I'm more familiar with.

I've not used a Shavette directly, but my Colonial General and RazoRock Hawk are compatible with shavette blades. I haven't been able to find a usable combination with either yet.

Last edited:
Hi Mbarn

Thanks for the welcome.

No unfortunately. I would've been up for that purchase! I have a Supply Razor which on Plate 2 with a Schick Injector B-20 Blade is a combination I'm evaluating at the moment. On Plate 3 its too aggressive, on Plate 2 its almost there. If there was a Plate 2.5, I think that's potentially perfect which is why I'm interested in Schick Adjustable Injector Razor. I suspect I'll be able to dial in the perfect shave. I also have a clone of the Schick ‘L' Type Injector Razor which is too mild for me currently, but is similar to Plate 1 on the Supply Razor IMHO which I'm more familiar with.

I've not used a Shavette directly, but my Colonial General and RazoRock Hawk are compatible with shavette blades. I haven't been able to find a usable combination with either yet.
Bloody hell, no one can say you have not tried mate. Stick with it I am sure you will improve your technique and everything will just click. I hope so anyway.
Good luck mate,
Tony

Hi Mbarn

Thanks for the welcome.

Try one before buying. I did, and I liked it, but only got rid when I sold most of my razors

Try one before buying. I did, and I liked it, but only got rid when I sold most of my razors

Hi Mbarn

Thanks for the link Mbarn. That Schick Adjustable Injector looks so beautifully pristine, I'm not sure I'd want to part with it! Joking aside, I'm certain given my experience with the Supply Razor, shaving with a Schick Adjustable Injector will be a delight. I do enjoy using injector blades due to their rigidity, their longevity, and small size (thus making the razor head small and manoeuvrable).

Hi Mbarn

Thanks for the link Mbarn. That Schick Adjustable Injector looks so beautifully pristine, I'm not sure I'd want to part with it! Joking aside, I'm certain given my experience with the Supply Razor, shaving with a Schick Adjustable Injector will be a delight. I do enjoy using injector blades due to their rigidity, their longevity, and small size (thus making the razor head small and manoeuvrable).

I'm the same ref the blades. Proper Schick blades are a joy to use. I'm on holiday at the moment, and I brought the Schick E3 with me, and it's a joy.

Back
Top Bottom