Hair Cleansing and Conditioning Products

Unsure of the best place to put this on the Forum, should probably be a separate section. Have been using Pantene Classic Hair Shampoo and Conditioner for years, but have found that lately (ie the past year) the conditioner formula has changed - not for the better. The conditioner now has a strange smell that stays on the hair (for at least 24 hours) and does not really do what it is meant to do i.e. condition the hair. Does anyone have any observations or suggestions as to decent (or the best) hair cleansing and conditioning products currently available?

I have checked out Antica Barbieria Colla; it is quite expensive (for me) for every day use; anyone else have any views / experience? May years ago, I used to use something called Flex, but that also disappeared. Pantene has been good for ages, but I think that they may have changed to formular for the conditioner; something has definitely changed.
I fully understand if there is no appetite for this subject, but I was under the perhaps misguided belief that as hair matters are obviously associated with barbering and of course shaving some people may have some interesting points to make or perhaps not!

I have checked out Antica Barbieria Colla; it is quite expensive (for me) for every day use; anyone else have any views / experience? May years ago, I used to use something called Flex, but that also disappeared. Pantene has been good for ages, but I think that they may have changed to formular for the conditioner; something has definitely changed.
I fully understand if there is no appetite for this subject, but I was under the perhaps misguided belief that as hair matters are obviously associated with barbering and of course shaving some people may have some interesting points to make or perhaps not!
I use Aleppo soap, wash and go! Just the job. Also very good for you skin too ! :) P.

Well, I am always amazed; soap for your hair; I've got to try it!, but I wish they could do it in a shampoo format, which I think may be a little easier to use. I have also never considered using shower gel for my hair; I must be living a very sheltered life! I've always thought shower gel was for the body; shampoo for the hair. What do I know! Unfortunately I have to use aqueous cream for my body, but would not like to use this for my hair. Also, my main issue with Pantene is the conditioner not the shampoo; the format of the shampoo appears to remain unchanged, unlike the conditioner,

I very much appreciate that BMan and my hair products are very low cost, but I still need some hair products that clean and condition the hair at a reasonably cost. Incidentally, my shaving costs are also kept at a minimum. I am not a hobby shaver; I see it (or treat it) as part of my overall and necessary daily ablution process and not an enjoyable procedure to spend time and money over (no offence to those that do).
Continuing the line with using Aleppo soap to wash hair; does the soap bar not become full of hair? When using traditional shampoo, the hair gets washed away in the rinse. I'm not entirely convinced that the soap method would work for someone with longer hair, but as previously stated, I am open to all suggestions and will obviously give it a try.
I am of the opinion that someone with a longer mane may still need conventional shampoo and conditioned to keep the hair looking in top / good condition?
Any further thoughts and advice on this matter would be very much appreciated.

I very much appreciate that BMan and my hair products are very low cost, but I still need some hair products that clean and condition the hair at a reasonably cost. Incidentally, my shaving costs are also kept at a minimum. I am not a hobby shaver; I see it (or treat it) as part of my overall and necessary daily ablution process and not an enjoyable procedure to spend time and money over (no offence to those that do).
Continuing the line with using Aleppo soap to wash hair; does the soap bar not become full of hair? When using traditional shampoo, the hair gets washed away in the rinse. I'm not entirely convinced that the soap method would work for someone with longer hair, but as previously stated, I am open to all suggestions and will obviously give it a try.
I am of the opinion that someone with a longer mane may still need conventional shampoo and conditioned to keep the hair looking in top / good condition?
Any further thoughts and advice on this matter would be very much appreciated.
I wore my hair long a few years back, down past my shoulders and although one or two hairs would stick to the Aleppo soap bar they were easy to remove in seconds.
It's just a solid form of olive oil and laurel oil and cleans and conditions your hair in one action, give it a try, you may like it!. My hair is shorter now but I still have a full head of hair thank you ! :) P.

There is an ol' time hair conditioner that I have read about for years and only recently bought and am using with superb results. It's not a conditioner for the shower however. It's post shower and works famously, at least for the silver/gray hair version that I use. :whistle:

They make a regular version as well. You need to look around for it on Euro seller's sites. I cannot say enough good things about the gray hair version. Fantastic stuff that has incredibly made even me more handsome and I already look like Stewart Granger in his prime!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom