Hair Cleansing and Conditioning Products

Unsure of the best place to put this on the Forum, should probably be a separate section. Have been using Pantene Classic Hair Shampoo and Conditioner for years, but have found that lately (ie the past year) the conditioner formula has changed - not for the better. The conditioner now has a strange smell that stays on the hair (for at least 24 hours) and does not really do what it is meant to do i.e. condition the hair. Does anyone have any observations or suggestions as to decent (or the best) hair cleansing and conditioning products currently available?

OP
W
I have checked out Antica Barbieria Colla; it is quite expensive (for me) for every day use; anyone else have any views / experience? May years ago, I used to use something called Flex, but that also disappeared. Pantene has been good for ages, but I think that they may have changed to formular for the conditioner; something has definitely changed.
I fully understand if there is no appetite for this subject, but I was under the perhaps misguided belief that as hair matters are obviously associated with barbering and of course shaving some people may have some interesting points to make or perhaps not!

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
I have checked out Antica Barbieria Colla; it is quite expensive (for me) for every day use; anyone else have any views / experience? May years ago, I used to use something called Flex, but that also disappeared. Pantene has been good for ages, but I think that they may have changed to formular for the conditioner; something has definitely changed.
I fully understand if there is no appetite for this subject, but I was under the perhaps misguided belief that as hair matters are obviously associated with barbering and of course shaving some people may have some interesting points to make or perhaps not!
I use Aleppo soap, wash and go! Just the job. Also very good for you skin too ! :) P.

OP
W
Well, I am always amazed; soap for your hair; I've got to try it!, but I wish they could do it in a shampoo format, which I think may be a little easier to use. I have also never considered using shower gel for my hair; I must be living a very sheltered life! I've always thought shower gel was for the body; shampoo for the hair. What do I know! Unfortunately I have to use aqueous cream for my body, but would not like to use this for my hair. Also, my main issue with Pantene is the conditioner not the shampoo; the format of the shampoo appears to remain unchanged, unlike the conditioner,

Top Bottom