Good shave gone bad

Well I decided to use a razor I had bought but not yet used...it was sterilised, honed, and was extremly sharp, it just got lost anong other blades until I noticed it last night...so, gave it a quick strop and was very very happy with the edge...onto the shave, left cheek very smooth and buttery...then half way i felt a tiny nick...ok...continued and got another two...by this time the blood was in full flow ....I thought...right, there must be a nick in the blade,i've damaged it...so I finished with my dovo with no problems...sorted the bleed with alum block and AS....but the cuts can easily be seek...straight down in a line and all at a different height...so by this time I was sure it must be a nick.....cleaned and dried and stropped then a good look thro the loupe...nothing, a nice even polished edge and still scary sharp...have you guessed yet ??, The razor was a square point, it is the only one I have, but I have never used one before...( And wont again) these things are savage.... It is NOW a roundpoint :)
I dont have a proper rotation, I just look at my blades and think...you today!...maybe use it once or 3 or 4 times..no set way...I think I will use the NEW roundpoint soon tho...i dont want to fear it ^_^

I've got a square point. Never had any bother with it apart from when I decided the square bit would probably be perfect for getting in under the nose or around the mouth.

I have since found other, safer methods of completing these tasks. But I love the razor.

Back
Top Bottom