Glue Dots

Is there a definitive list of which DE blades do and don't have glue dots on them, or is it just a case of asking on a blade by blade basis and hoping someone can confirm?

Just asking because I found a couple of Astra SS and soon remembered that glue dots drive me insane. Sometimes even a powerful blast of water won't rinse the gunk off and I end up disassembling the razor mid shave to push it off with my finger. I think both doing this and the alternative of using an outgoing blade to scrape the glue off a new one before using it, are asking for trouble.

I have quite a small stash of blades now so am open to suggestions for good blades for Rockwell 6C, generally on R4 plate. I really want to avoid blades with glue dots though as they really do my head in, and not having them is one less thing to think about!

I've had GSBs with glue dots but recall that others have had them without. I'd need to know before ordering in any sort of bulk though, the last thing I need is several hundred blades with glue on !

Last edited:
Is there a definitive list of which DE blades do and don't have glue dots on them, or is it just a case of asking on a blade by blade basis and hoping someone can confirm?

Just asking because I found a couple of Astra SS and soon remembered that glue dots drive me insane. Sometimes even a powerful blast of water won't rinse the gunk off and I end up disassembling the razor mid shave to push it off with my finger. I think both doing this and the alternative of using an outgoing blade to scrape the glue off a new one before using it, are asking for trouble.

I have quite a small stash of blades now so am open to suggestions for good blades for Rockwell 6C, generally on R4 plate. I really want to avoid blades with glue dots though as they really do my head in, and not having them is one less thing to think about!

I've had GSBs with glue dots but recall that others have had them without. I'd need to know before ordering in any sort of bulk though, the last thing I need is several hundred blades with glue on !

Polsilver have them, I just use the old blade to scrape the wax off the new blade, if I can be bothered.

AehG6Kg.jpg

There's no definitive answer to this as the number of glue dots has sometimes changed with the production run e.g. Gillette double wrapped 4 glue dots to single wrapped, laser etched and two glue dots.

As with the Personna Medi Preps that have already been mentioned I can recommend Souplex blades from Germany , no printing, no sticky stuff and imo better than Feather blades for their smoothness whilst being as sharp as the Feather blade. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom