Gillette re-release DE razor

If they were going to re release an old favourite from their back catalogue what do we feel would be their most bankable option?

I reckon an obvious first choice would be an adjustable. Probably a Fatboy.

Then 2nd place a TTO like #16/3rd Gen Aristocrat, Red tip SS, 48 US aristocrat.

As for a 3 piece I think the English FB tech is a nice shaver that would be easy to manufacture. With the fat handle.

I think the aggressiveness of any of these razors would suit alot of people.

P&G ,attempting to claw back some of that 8 billion , buying razors in for less than £1.. shilling them out for £35 .. hmppff. only gillette products i buy are razors from 1980 or earlier , or blades. they can use it for a suppository ,as far as i,m concerned.. screw P&G ,

...Do you reckon Gillette thinks they are going to make a profit with this heritage razor then?

No, I think it's just a holiday "feel good" move. Gillette already tested the waters with the mainline issuance of their Brazilian made Platinum Plus DE blades in the USA back in the Spring of 2017 and despite being superb blades the whole ordeal went over like a pregnant pole vaulter. Most ended up highly discounted and/or sold to Dollar Store type retailers.

DE shaving is for all intents & purposes "dead" in the West and is never coming back to where it was before. Period!!

the release or re release of the brazillian blades in 2017 was screwed by retailers and Gillette itself. The Gillette website had them at a dollar a blade, and most retailers were selling them at 1.00 to 1.75 per blade.

Until the "fandom stopped" and they went in clearance mode, you were screwed. But after they went into clearance mode, you could get the blades for about .75-85 each after sales tax.

DE shaving is bankable, look at the influx of Chinese companies selling razors. Look at all the 3-5 dozen companies that rebadge merkur, Edwin jager, and parker, and even maggard razor heads as their own product.

Back
Top Bottom