Getting Scammed for 12 Grand...

I just watched this end http://www.ebay.com/itm/271737923570?rmvSB=true

I reported it to eBay twice and e-mailed R olex St James, nothing?

Someone is going to cough up 12 grand & probably be none the wiser they have a high end fake.
Someone else is going to walk away with a mighty hefty profit.

Terrible stuff:-/

First up, the seller. Would you make a 12k bid with a seller with 10 feedback one of which is negative?
This is a highly sought after watch, take a look at the description. No papers, no service history, hell you don't even get the bracelet just a tacky leather thing.
That's enough reason to run a mile. But getting to the watch. I use this blog http://stefanomazzariol.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/R olex%20Daytona%20ref.%206263%2F6265 for reference. (take out the gap in Role x to go to blog)

The dial, look at the coronet (crown) the hole on the eBay version looks almost round, now look at the pictures on the blog, the hole is oval.
Compare the writing "Role x Oyster Cosmograph" the genuine is crisp & fine compared to the eBay.
On the bezel, look at the number 110, the spacing between the numbers is wider on the fake (very common mistake)
Look at the 5th picture of the eBay listing, zoom in a you can see a gap where the bezel is not flush with the case, poor workmanship on a R olex nope. Just sloppy fakers.
The movement, look at the section where the engraved letters are, them flat plates are a different colour to the rest of the movement, they don't look old, because they are not!
Look at the number engraved into the movement, 727. Just above that is a regulator screw, but there is no groove in the plate where that screw is, so the regulator arm cannot move and regulate the movement.
There are serious problems with the serial number on the case and the year he says it was manufactured with the model reference.
There is no dealer in East London that could authenticate this watch like he says.

Like I said, high end fake (That movement is worth nearly £1000 without the R olex engravings) very subtle differences but when you have an excellent reference blog like Stefano Mazzariols then it is easier

All the serious collectors obviously knew what it was as the genuine is worth double the 12 grand.

If I had £12k to spend on a watch, or for anything else that expensive, I wouldn't go to ebay.

I can't believe many people would.

I suspect the seller has got one of his mates to bid to get some positive feedback for a longer term scam.

Keep an eye on the sellers feedback over the next few weeks to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom