Getting back into guitar after long break.

I've posted this on another forum so apologies if you're seeing this for a second time, I was hoping to get more opinions and advice from different people.

I used to play guitar when I was younger and stopped in my early twenties. I've been thinking more and more recently about getting back into it, particularly with my daughter learning acoustic.

Any guitar players on here? Any advice for getting back into it? My old chap strat copy is still at my dad's... might have to dig it out. Although recently I've been looking at cheap Squier and Epiphone guitars.

I've posted this on another forum so apologies if you're seeing this for a second time, I was hoping to get more opinions and advice from different people.

I used to play guitar when I was younger and stopped in my early twenties. I've been thinking more and more recently about getting back into it, particularly with my daughter learning acoustic.

Any guitar players on here? Any advice for getting back into it? My old chap strat copy is still at my dad's... might have to dig it out. Although recently I've been looking at cheap Squier and Epiphone guitars.
Same here; not picked a guitar up since the kids were born nearly 9 years ago. Having a mooch on YouTube myself.

Good luck with getting back into playing!

I started playing guitar two years ago. Great help was that guy and best, it`s free.
https://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php
I completed the whole beginners course. It is lot of work and time you have to spend for, but also so much fun.
;)

That's the site I was recommended. Working through the beginner course to get things back up to speed.
I think it is really the best course in the net you can find. But I would recommend that you will have one hour with a real guitar teacher, who will check the habit of your body and finger positions. This will help to avoid a lot of pain (shoulder, arms and fingers) and mistakes in the future of your guitar play. ;)

Back
Top Bottom