Gentleman's Tonic Savile Row brush

I was given one of these brushes by my wife - looking beyond the "heritage" marketing, the blurb claims these are "hand crafted with the finest grade of badger hair" - does anyone know who actually makes these, and exactly what they are made from ? I think she bought it because she spotted me eyeing a similar looking Muhle brush - F

I wouldn't have a clue but according to their site they are made from resin

I will say this for Gentleman's Tonic though if it is anything like their shaving cream it will be very good. Their cream is possibly one of the best out there

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a clue but according to their site they are made from resin

I will say this for Gentleman's Tonic though if it is anything like their shaving cream it will be very good. Their cream is possibly one of the best out there
Thanks for your response - I'm more concerned about the exact type of badger they've used - the only point of reference I have is a Taylor's of Old Bond St black badger, which definitely feels a lot coarser/scratchier - if I do try a different brush/knot, I'd like to be certain I'm going up a notch with the grade of hair (I'm also going to try a Yaqi synthetic) - I may try and post a picture of the actual brush, as it doesn't look exactly the same as the ones that crop up with an online search - F

Back
Top Bottom