Gem SE BLADES

Hi Gents
I have a Rocnel se on it’s way to me this is my first Gem type razor and would appreciate your thoughts as to the best blades to order I do realise this is loaded question YMMV ect but I would like a few recommendations on what brands and who to buy from
I know I’m a lazy b—-er but it’s a minefield out there !!!
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gents
I have a Rocnel se on it’s way to me this is my first Gem type razor and would appreciate your thoughts as to the best blades to order I do realise this is loaded question YMMV ect but I would like a few recommendations on what brands and who to buy from
I know I’m a lazy b—-er but it’s a minefield out there !!!
Many thanks

Personna Gem PTFE blades from Connaught shaving.

to be honest....it's not a loaded question. The only blades readily available in the Uk are as mentioned above. Good price from an established Vendor and you really can't get much better

OP
S
Hi Tony
It’s the Rocnel SE-G?
The one I really wanted is the P the one you’ve got but I couldn’t find one anywhere new or used I don’t think their made anymore?
How are you finding yours? I do think it’s a really good looking well made razor
I’ll keep looking one might turn up
Alec

My Rocnel SE - P takes half DE Blades?
Which model are you waiting for?
If it's Gem-bladed, it's the SE-G. I have one in the black finish, and, like the SE-P, it needs a degree of care in setting up as well as using it.

Edit: just been out-typed!

With this one, I take the points off the blade corners with a stone or diamond sharpener. When you load it, it quickly becomes clear why. You will also need an Allen key to tighten the blade-retaining grubscrew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom