Fresh faced DE user

S

Screwtape

Hi All

Just wanted to say hello, Currently I'm a straight razor user but recently I've been lent a Fatboy by a friend with a selection of blades 'just to have a play with' h said. It's definitely a different shave but only time will tell if I continue to use a DE or go back to my Dovo, possibly I'll use both it'll just depend how I feel.

Other than that I'm in the East Midlands and work in a theatre so I'll most likely be posting at irregular hours after dark.

You will have plenty of company here in the dark hours. I don't think we have many who come in as straight shavers then switch to DE. It's usually the other way round.

Welcome. Hope it's of value and that you enjoy.

With a user name like yours, how do we shorten it!?

Welcome to the forum,

There are quite a few members here that use both but most of us started with a DE rather than a straight!

Personally as someone just learning I how to use a straight I found it much easier to grasp the basics of DE shaving, but I am still fine tuning my technique there and deciding on blades etc.

Enjoy your stay.

Nic

Ahh, someone from the Theatre! ..seems fitting that you should enter our forum, merely a different stage as it were! A very warm welcome to you screwtape, have fun,(I'm sure you will). You can make this pursuit quite a cheap hobby, or something quite different, but the help and advice is very friendly and entirely free. :)

Back
Top Bottom