Fitjar Islands Folgefonn

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Any you boys tried this or any other Fitjar products.
iv basically been wet shaving my whole life so decent soaps/creams are not new to me although iv only been DE shaving for a number of months.
most of my working life is in Norway so thought it was a natural choice to have a go at fitjar.
wow how impressed am i.
Four turns with the brush in the jar and whipped up in a bowl was all it needed for possibly the best lather iv experienced.
The Folgefonn is the first and only product iv bought from the range but i can feel my wallet getting empty already.
Iv always like strong scents although this one isn't to strong until you put it on the face and the smell of menthol & eucalyptus.
can't remember what i paid for this but think it was £30 for 150ml. if you haven't already tried it give it a go. i'm mad at myself for not getting the balm but that will come.

Bought a couple when they came back to market after a hiatus in 2018, I got the Folgefonn in cream (very thick, concentrated recipe) and Fjelheim in soap (relatively hard, but not triple milled.)

I found the performance of the cream to be utterly superb but was a little disappointed by the scent, which to me was like Proraso Green with better quality oils. Conversely I absolutey loved the soap scent, like a pine forest! Sadly the performance was very average for me but it may well have been operator error. I was going through an acquisition phase and had so much to try that if something wasn't perfect on first try it had no chance... Didn't help that I bought it the same month as my first jar of MdC ;)

Last edited:
Bought a couple when they came back to market after a hiatus in 2018, I got the Folgefonn in cream (very thick, concentrated recipe) and Fjelheim in soap (relatively hard, but not triple milled.)

I found the performance of the cream to be utterly superb but was a little disappointed by the scent, which to me was like Proraso Green with better quality oils. Conversely I absolutey loved the soap scent, like a pine forest! Sadly the performance was very average for me but it may well have been operator error. I was going through an acquisition phase and had so much to try that if something wasn't perfect on first try it had no chance... Didn't help that I bought it the same month as my first jar of MdC ;)
I'm with you on the soap.. it's the scent that provides the wow factor. For me, performance is good, but there are better out there, especially when considering the grams per £.

Norway is extremely expensive country. Soap probably 3x the cost of similar soaps made elsewhere.

I'm not a fan of Arko, but Turkey is inexpensive compared with most other countries. I think this is forgotten when comparing soaps.

Back
Top Bottom