First Cold Water Shave With No Blood

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Well that was interesting iv shaved with warm water my whole life and the first time i try cold water iv had my first weeper free shave.
I know my technique isn't the best but it's getting there.
Armed with the
Homemade Pre Shave
Feather AS-D2
Gillette 7 O'clock yellows
Yaqi Dice Brush
Goodfellas Savage Soap
First use on this Blade for me and first impressions are it's pretty impressive,
Next shave with the same blade will be in
The Rex Ambassador so i'll reserve proper judgment until Then
What's the chances of not cutting myself with the Rex
pretty slim i reckon lol

Well that was interesting iv shaved with warm water my whole life and the first time i try cold water iv had my first weeper free shave.
I know my technique isn't the best but it's getting there.
Armed with the
Homemade Pre Shave
Feather AS-D2
Gillette 7 O'clock yellows
Yaqi Dice Brush
Goodfellas Savage Soap
First use on this Blade for me and first impressions are it's pretty impressive,
Next shave with the same blade will be in
The Rex Ambassador so i'll reserve proper judgment until Then
What's the chances of not cutting myself with the Rex
pretty slim i reckon lol

Congrats.

If I was you, before changing razor I'd keep on using the Feather/Gillette/brush/soap for a few more shaves as if you've found a razor and blade combination that works stick with it for the time being, well a little longer until you can repeat the shave, the lather in particular, IMO try to keep as many variables fixed as you can for now until you can start repeating your results of a pain free shave.

Nice one

I shave quite regularly with cold water and always forget how damn good it can be. I think the lack of blood is more due to the capillaries contracting. I also think the cold water makes the bristles stand out more and easier to shift. I might be talking a load of bollocks but I do find cold shaving very rewarding and a great finish and feel are always on the cards.

Keep it up and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom