First Blood

I tried out one of 1912's tonight :icon_sad:

Not a pretty sight :icon_rolleyes:

RBWEDDING007-1.jpg

I've never drawn that much blood with a straight in twenty years !

I'm glad that I don't have to wear a collar and tie tomorrow :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

Ouch that looks sore, odd though not had a nick off my 1912 to date and used an O/C Micromatic that theoretically is even more aggressive that still never bit back like that. Are you sure the blade was located correctly. ??
Regards,
Pete

man of leisure said:
Ouch that looks sore, odd though not had a nick off my 1912 to date and used an O/C Micromatic that theoretically is even more aggressive that still never bit back like that. Are you sure the blade was located correctly. ??
Regards,
Pete

The blade, a brand new Gem from Connaught, looked perfectly located to me. I didn't even feel it happening :icon_cry2:
I'll try my other 1912 next, and see what that is like.

It may well be a day or two ( or three) though :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

NOTSHARP said:
man of leisure said:
Regards,
Pete

The blade, a brand new Gem from Connaught, looked perfectly located to me. I didn't even feel it happening :icon_cry2:

Steve

Steve you are a brave man, hope your next shave is blood free.
Regards,
Pete

man of leisure said:
NOTSHARP said:
man of leisure said:
Regards,
Pete

Steve

Steve you are a brave man, hope your next shave is blood free.
Regards,
Pete

Pete, pain is only weakness leaving the body :icon_wink:

Steve

That is strange. I used the same combination this morning for the 1st time and thought how interesting it was that I couldn't cut myself! WTG, ATG, every which way. Either lucky or the razor must be different?

That looks sore fella! Alum and Martins Yellow Unction to the rescue.

FWIW: I have never drawn that much blood, but I do draw more blood with the 1912 than I do with my OC MM. Just an occational weeper, but nevertheless more blood.

To mee it feels like the blade flexes a little in the 1912, might be that. It's super stable in the MM.

/Max

fozz77 said:
Sore one.....

Have you used that razor before?

It looks like blade misalignment/movement. Does the head look ok, nothing bent or missing.

This was my first SE shave. I usually ( for more than 20 years ) use straights.

The blade alignment looks good to me, as does head condition, although there is a very slight difference in the gap at center, compared to sides, visible in the second pic.
1912003.jpg

1912004.jpg

Steve

To achieve that degree of damage I'd be willing to bet that ;

1) The blade was slightly misaligned during the process of snapping the lid closed on it.

Or

2) there is some degree of twist or distortion in the shaving head, giving similar results.

I once managed to create a red ruin out of one cheek with my first stroke with one of these razors. Usually I find it virtually impossible (not that I'm trying, you understand)
to even get a nick. Yup, I'd managed to misalign the blade when closing the razor. Couple of us on here have had similar misfortunes.

Generally, I'd suggest that if you start getting nicks on the first couple of passes with an SE summat is amiss.

Best of luck in the future.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:

1) The blade was slightly misaligned during the process of snapping the lid closed on it.

Or

2) there is some degree of twist or distortion in the shaving head, giving similar results.

I once managed to create a red ruin out of one cheek with my first stroke with one of these razors. Usually I find it virtually impossible (not that I'm trying, you understand)
to even get a nick. Yup, I'd managed to misalign the blade when closing the razor. Couple of us on here have had similar misfortunes.

Generally, I'd suggest that if you start getting nicks on the first couple of passes with an SE summat is amiss.

Thanks for that J O

I shall ensure that all looks A1 next time.

I'm blessed with 20/20 hindsight :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

JohnnyO said:

Or

+ 1 Was what I was trying to say last night, likewise best of luck next time.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom