Finally getting very good shaves with DEs routinely.

After a very rollercoaster ride (due to the fact i didn't have patience at all) i am FINALLY able to get good shaves with my two DEs left (EJ DE89 and new wilkinson TTO)
I have also been able to reduce time a bit so the difference is more or less 4-5 minutes so i can keep shaving with a safety razor from now on. And i hope to continue improving the technique. Thanks everyone for the patience with me.
Today great shave with the wilkinson and feather blades.
happy new week.
P-20190922-125108.jpg

today i tried voskhod blades non the wilkinson TTO. With my surprise i got a near perfect BBS while i had some problems with the wilkinson blades. Maybe it's just me or those voskhod are not bad at all?

Congratulations. As a bonus, your shaves will probably continue to improve in quality for a while, and get quicker.
yes. but one of the reasons i stubbornly continue to use DEs is also because i found out i don't have ingrown hairs, while after a week of continously using hydros, dorcos, etc i still have a lot of redness and ingrown hairs on my lateral neck. And going to work with a neck as red as a tomato is not so great.

Glad it'd going OK. I've got all sorts of blades in my stash but tend to favour Voskhods. I'm not a big fan of Wilkinson blades either, I find them quite scratchy and irritating.

Part of the art is finding a DE that suits you. Despite what some have said regarding the Q-Shave I bought one and love it..... I alternate between that and a straight DE for every other day and the straight for my “Saturday” hot towel shave

Back
Top Bottom