FILM of the DAY - 20/06/11

Changeling - ITV2 - 23.15 - Jolie directed by Clint Eastwood, beautiful.

Vera Drake - Film4 - 23.20 - Mike Leigh - Powerful social commentary.

Lake View Terrace - C5 - 22.55 - Watchable silly racist cop Samuel L Jackson.

All a bit late unless you work or have worked shifts, why TF do the scheduler's do that?

I vote for recording or watching Changeling if you haven't seen it, I have to be in the mood for Leigh.

Vera Drake is brilliant but rather depressing, so for that reason only I don't think I'd watch it a second time, but I do recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it before.

RE: FILM of the DAY - 23/06/11

Under Seige - Film 4 - 21.00 - Fat undercover SEAL Segal throws knives instead of eating fish, Tommy Lee Jones does what he does best. Guilty pleasure.

To Catch a Thief - Film 4 - 17.15 - Hitchcock and Cary Grant. Charming classic.

FILM of the DAY - 24/06/11

Master & Commander - Film 4 - 18.25 - Swashbuckling seafaring escapade, not your usual period drama, far better. Bettany outclasses Crowe. Recommended.

GODFATHER Part II - More 4 - 22.00 - Late and long but always worth it.

(Audio, I think you are thinking of The Changeling, Changeling is another film altogether, not sure if anybody finds these listings useful but I 'll keep going for a few weeks and of course feel free to add your own)

antdad said:
Under Seige - Film 4 - 21.00 - Fat undercover SEAL Segal throws knives instead of eating fish, Tommy Lee Jones does what he does best. Guilty pleasure.

Not forgetting Erika Eleniak bursting out of a cake.

antdad said:
Master & Commander - Film 4 - 18.25 - Swashbuckling seafaring escapade, not your usual period drama, far better. Bettany outclasses Crowe. Recommended.

Yes I really enjoyed that when I watched it. Pirates of The Caribbean it is not, though the few action scenes are great. In fact I think I'll borrow this off my in-laws who have it on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom