Feather Artist Club DX

Hi guys. I got the Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori style and I love it. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the DX and would it be worth the extra expense? Is the Teak wood handle with the extra-extra?

Do you mean this one?

rev-feathercase1.jpg

I really like mine. A lot!!!
I find it incredibly easy to use. Much easier than with a regular straight, and I find myself using a very light pen type grip on the handle which feels very natural.

Is the teak handle better than the one with the plastic handle? Well probably not, and it is much more expensive, but it sure looks better.

Rod

Neep said:
Do you mean this one?

rev-feathercase1.jpg

I find it incredibly easy to use. Much easier than with a regular straight, and I find myself using a very light pen type grip on the handle which feels very natural.

Is the teak handle better than the one with the plastic handle? Well probably not, and it is much more expensive, but it sure looks better.

Rod

I too have the teak wood handle and concur 100% with everything Rod has said! :D

Does it make it shave any better? No!

Does it look better and give you a lot of pleasure when using it? Yes!

Neep said:
Do you mean this one?

rev-feathercase1.jpg

Rod

That is real Beaut:icon_biggrin:

Neep said:
Do you mean this one?

rev-feathercase1.jpg

Rod

Rod, that is a beautiful razor, although I'm pretty sure it's the SS Kamisori in teak. I was thinking more of the DX. Thanks for this great pic though!

Johnus said:
Have the one with the plastic handle. And yes, it looks like a Plastic handle!
But it's the head and the blade that really matter.

How do you find the DX? How would you compare it with the SS?

Neep! I've recently become obsessed with the Feather Kamisoris. Haven't seen this SS in Teak anywhere, and since coming across this post, haven't been able to find it despite looking everywhere I can think.

This is an old post, but hoping you're still around, or someone active will see this and know where to find it.

Do you mean this one?

rev-feathercase1.jpg

Rod

Neep! I've recently become obsessed with the Feather Kamisoris. Haven't seen this SS in Teak anywhere, and since coming across this post, haven't been able to find it despite looking everywhere I can think.

This is an old post, but hoping you're still around, or someone active will see this and know where to find it.
These are very hard to find, they were only made for the home market in Japan, try Japanese ebay.

These are very hard to find, they were only made for the home market in Japan, try Japanese ebay.

They really, really should sell these... They're a work of art!

Thanks a lot for the tips, Blademonkey. I've already started looking on Japanese resale sites, without much luck, but I'll keep going. Want to get one of these very much.

They really, really should sell these... They're a work of art!

Thanks a lot for the tips, Blademonkey. I've already started looking on Japanese resale sites, without much luck, but I'll keep going. Want to get one of these very much.
I had someone with connections in Japan try and find me one and although they did find a second hand one I wasn't willing to pay the asking price, after all it's the same as a bog standard SS just with a teak handle but I wish you luck.

I had someone with connections in Japan try and find me one and although they did find a second hand one I wasn't willing to pay the asking price, after all it's the same as a bog standard SS just with a teak handle but I wish you luck.
I was afraid of that.
Have an old friend in Japan, and was thinking about reaching out if I keep hitting dead ends.
Mind me asking what your connection came up with, cost delivered?

I was afraid of that.
Have an old friend in Japan, and was thinking about reaching out if I keep hitting dead ends.
Mind me asking what your connection came up with, cost delivered?
£250.00, outrageous ! :) I was willing to go as far as £150.00, only because it looks great and very hard to find but that was all I would have paid.

£250.00, outrageous ! :) I was willing to go as far as £150.00, only because it looks great and very hard to find but that was all I would have paid.
Damn… Yeah that's right where I was thinking I'd cap, too.
Have the SS and DX nonfolding. Want a wood one but I don't prefer folding. That was the one…

Just started wet shaving this year, and really jumped in.
Started with Merkur 34c, then tried the Futur (like the 34c better for daily use still).

Then I came across these... (was already using the feather blades) They're truly remarkable. As the SS is my daily now, will still be trying to find this wood one.

Back
Top Bottom