Feather AC Blades Recommendations

I have the following disposable straights:
Feather Artist Club DX
Kai Captain
Feather Artist Club SS
Greager CJB Feather AC Clone

I previously had a CJB and Feather Artist Club RG

Which blades do you recommend? Which are better in a specific razor?

I have the following:
Feather Professional
Feather ProGuard
Schick Proline P-20
NRK Kamisori
Dorco

I have the following on order:
Feather Professional Light Blade
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG

I only previously have experience with the Proguard's

q7mA1EV.jpg

ZlXgMOz.jpg

I have the following disposable straights:
Feather Artist Club DX
Kai Captain
Feather Artist Club SS
Greager CJB Feather AC Clone

I previously had a CJB and Feather Artist Club RG

Which blades do you recommend? Which are better in a specific razor?

I have the following:
Feather Professional
Feather ProGuard
Schick Proline P-20
NRK Kamisori
Dorco

I have the following on order:
Feather Professional Light Blade
Kai Captain Titan Mild
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG

I only previously have experience with the Proguard's

q7mA1EV.jpg

ZlXgMOz.jpg

Here's what I load and why.

Feather DX - Feather Pro Guard
Lots of blade exposure, wide spine, feels a bit like a wedge, it's a bit cumbersome under the nose. The Pro Guard feels a bit like the edge on a wedge and allows me to shave safely around the nose.

Kai Captain - Feather Pro
Medium blade exposure, the spine is tapered - and handles most like a 6/8 straight. I can get a good low angle as I would when I'm shaving with a nice sharp straight so it behaves very similarly, the fixed handle even more so.

Feather SS folding - Feather Super Pro
Minimal blade exposure and the lip. The razor has the special lip, which only works as intended if the razor is at a quite flat angle. The folding version has that crazy ineffective jimping. It's not great to use in order to apply lateral pressure. Therefore I find that the blade exposure on the Super Pro allows exactly the right flat angle with little or not lateral pressure.

Feather SS fixed handle - Feather Pro or Super Pro
This is a much more secure razor. You can either shave in the same way as the folding version or you can apply lateral pressure using a blade with less exposure, removing the need for skin stretching.

I have only tried Kai blades aside from the Feather range and I didn't like these, nor did I enjoy the soft guard.

I always believed the SuperPro to have the greatest exposure?
That's what I meant. The SS has the least exposure and therefore benefits from the greater edge exposure of the Super. It allows you to get the correct angle. If you load a soft guard or a Kai you find yourself raising the razor like you see in a lot of You Tube videos, which ends up in scraping off the hairs instead of shaving / cutting them.

Back
Top Bottom