Facial Fuzz

So, how many of you hoopy froods have a spankingly smooth kisser and how many sport rather debonaire facial hair? Explanitory pictures jolly welcome. If you like the hair route, which is best? Good old Brian Blessed-style gorse bush beard or an understated goatee?

An interesting question for a shaving 'site... however, I had a beard in my twenties (more Blackadder II than Brian Blessed) and then a Mephisto style goatee with pointy sideburns after that. This look suited me according to friends and family. I've been generally clean-shaven though for about 15 years except when I 'fell off the wagon' and grew a beard while on holiday about 3 years ago.

It can be as itchy as hell though.

I had a moustache from age 16 to 35 thought that it made me look older however as I got older I wanted to look younger so off it came. Now I have skin head because of very little hair and clean shaven every day.

Exile

Nothing wrong with a full manly beard provided it's looked after and a goatee is devilishly attractive.
Also a moustache and Imperial - I gather they are currently called "soul patches" imparts a marvellously Cavalier air.
I have had 'em all but now that I am quite gray I prefer to remain clean-shaven.
The one thing I cannot stand though is stubble!

Rather scarily, I decided yesterday to re-grow my Royale/Imperiale ;)

Had it for years but shaved it off about 18 months ago. Saw a photo of me and decided I looked better 'avec' than 'sans'

Clean shaven. Never been any different apart from my pre-wet shaving days when I may go a few days without shaving.

Ian

i had long side boards that nearly met my goatee but due to work they came off about 10 yrs ago as i've to be clean shaven.

SirPrize said:
Nothing wrong with a full manly beard provided it's looked after and a goatee is devilishly attractive.
Also a moustache and Imperial - I gather they are currently called "soul patches" imparts a marvellously Cavalier air.
I have had 'em all but now that I am quite gray I prefer to remain clean-shaven.
The one thing I cannot stand though is stubble!

I'm in full agreement with you there Anthony. I think stubble makes a person look lazy and dirty, as if they just couldn't be bothered. Every time I see Mickey Harte on television I cringe. He's a local gaelic football manager and I don't think he knows what a razor is. Every time he comes on I'm tempted to ring the tv company and offer to send him something to shave with

Clippers set to zero on da bonce ans clean shaven, I worked as a service manager for
A number of years, so I was in the public eye and hated looking scruffy. I now work
As a grease monkey and always try to look my best as I'm a service engineer for
A bus dealer and I'm all a customer sees to represent our company.

To see ourselves as others see us!
neocaligatio said:
Rather scarily, I decided yesterday to re-grow my Royale/Imperiale ;)
Then go for it!
When I had mine I thought that it gave me a rather Cavalier air but sometimes this did not percolate down to the less enlightened.
Two such comment were "The geezer with the Guy Fawkes mush" and "what does he think he is - a gunfighter?"
Another example of this sort of thing was engendered by a Tyrolean hat that sometimes I wear around Christmas instead of my customary brown trilby.
I like it because it looks smart and because of it's association with mountaineering and manly daring - until the wife of a friend of mine told me how "Sweet" I looked in my "pixie hat".
Some people just don't get it.

I haven't gone the whole hog - I had a full moustache for a month during November last year, this is simple the bottom lip segment!

I'm the young(er) one of our trio on the right...

3058400135_8b9dfb2af6.jpg

And it was for charity!

Back
Top Bottom