Ever Ready What ??

Being sixty years old and never having tried a SE, I thought it time to take the risk. I'm happy enough using straights after all.

I paid ' not a lot ' so it is worth a shot.

SEEVERREADY006.jpg

SEEVERREADY002.jpg

SEEVERREADY004.jpg

SEEVERREADY005.jpg

It's not in brilliant condition, but I never expected it to be. It is usable, by the look of it.

Now I need to find out two things :

Blade recommendations , and a model/type/DOB.

That could be three or four things :icon_rolleyes:

Steve

Internet Museum of Safety Razors
Has a web site with sections on I'd. Of SE Gems plus others. Just google it and they'll move you to the site.

Obviously you're not going to use the blades that came with it, but GEM blades are available from Connaughts and are very reasonably priced. Plus I have found you get more shaves from a SE blade that a DE, (my experience anyway).

Give it a good clean and it should come up great.

These ER's give a great shave!

Professor Blighty said:
Obviously you're not going to use the blades that came with it, but GEM blades are available from Connaughts and are very reasonably priced. Plus I have found you get more shaves from a SE blade that a DE, (my experience anyway).

Give it a good clean and it should come up great.

These ER's give a great shave!

Thanks for that Prof.

Blades ordered !

Steve

I think you will find that is an Ever Ready 1912 which was made both in the USA and England. If that is the case be prepared for a very nice shave, as the English 1912 is now my go to razor.
Regards,
Pete

i would agree with mol he is spot on its a 1912 and a very nice looking one at that as of blades for it prof is right the gem blades from Connaughts are spot on if you would like drop me a pm with yer details will nip two or three in the post for you to try

regards jason

Back
Top Bottom