Ever Ready Streamline

So as a recent convert to SE shaving with a British made 1912 Lagaffe posted on my thread a picture of an Ever Ready Streamline. Quick PM to Steve who directed me to Erwin and this Friday said Streamline landed on my doormat. Well 3 Ever Ready razors landed on my doormat :icon_razz: Another 1912 but made in the USA along with a USA made shovel head or so pedro informs me. :icon_eek:
Having done some more research before using the Streamline I gained the impression from some reviews this was a very aggressive razor, all I can say I have just had the most comfortable, satisfying shave since I first started on the pre multi blade journey last December. I think the best analogy I can use for this razor is is the Aristocrat of the SE world, beautifully made and finished.
Once again thanks to Steve (Sunderyboy) and Erwin (Merwtje) who enabled me to have found my go to razor for the foreseeable future.
Regards,
Pete

d04060c5.jpg

A quick photo so you can see what I am talking about :angel::angel::angel:

Pete

A nicely crafted bit of metal by the look of it and quite modern looking too. So how old, est., would such a razor be and how's the shave compared to the 1912?

Nice razor
Nice soap bowl (fits the PS well!)
Nice lather bowl
Nice brush (what is it, actually?)

Looks like a fine setup, MoL. Enjoy your new SE!

N_Architect said:
Nice razor
Nice lather bowl

A beejay special crafted from an old bowling ball. One of the nicest custom sets that I've seen. Here's Pete's original thread.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1084&highlight=bowling

zig zag said:
A nicely crafted bit of metal by the look of it and quite modern looking too. So how old, est., would such a razor be and how's the shave compared to the 1912?

Zig Zag not sure how old, possibly 1930 to 1933 but stand to be corrected. As for the shave compared to the 1912 so much more refined in my view feels smoother on the face. The Streamline also feels far more comfortable in the hand and just a quality item to use.
Pete

Yellow Jim said:
N_Architect said:
Nice razor
Nice lather bowl

A beejay special crafted from an old bowling ball. One of the nicest custom sets that I've seen. Here's Pete's original thread.

Thanks for that Jim, saved me looking up the old thread. :icon_razz::icon_razz:
K for your information Bill is a fantastic guy to deal with, very patient and very knowledgeable.
Pete

Yellow Jim said:
N_Architect said:
Nice razor
Nice lather bowl

Thanks for that Jim, saved me looking up the old thread. :icon_razz::icon_razz:
K for your information Bill is a fantastic guy to deal with, very patient and very knowledgeable.
Pete

man of leisure said:
So as a recent convert to SE shaving with a British made 1912 Lagaffe posted on my thread a picture of an Ever Ready Streamline. Quick PM to Steve who directed me to Erwin and this Friday said Streamline landed on my doormat. Well 3 Ever Ready razors landed on my doormat :icon_razz: Another 1912 but made in the USA along with a USA made shovel head or so pedro informs me. :icon_eek:
Having done some more research before using the Streamline I gained the impression from some reviews this was a very aggressive razor, all I can say I have just had the most comfortable, satisfying shave since I first started on the pre multi blade journey last December. I think the best analogy I can use for this razor is is the Aristocrat of the SE world, beautifully made and finished.
Once again thanks to Steve (Sunderyboy) and Erwin (Merwtje) who enabled me to have found my go to razor for the foreseeable future.
Regards,
Pete

Glad that you are liking the new Razor Pete, the Streamlines are extremely nice, gonna use mine tonight after reading this....

best

Steve

Mmm sounds good. I can't get over how good the 1912 is, so the Streamline sounds like it's the razor to trump other SE's. By the way I see Gem Jrs aren't that cheap, are they worth following up?

Glad I set something in motion that landed you with a Streamline, Pete!

Really is the King of SE Razors, closely followed by my little travel Ever Ready:

shot_1288195436638.jpg

my GEM Micromatic:

1302728249830.jpg

and my Valet Autostrop:

picsay-1302121149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom