Ever Ready 1912(?) blade recommendation

As in August Acquisitions I have just bought an Ever Ready from a charity shop. Instead of just looking at this one I think it will see some action since I am just about all SE now.

Any recommendations towards blades for these things as totally ignorant?
Personna Gem blades, Connaught Shaving..and other places! :) P.

I can send you some Personna Gem blades ,Chris.

Thank you very much for your kind offer @patw but another member with my address has some on the way to me.

Hopefully these shall allow me to say yeh or ney and then order some myself all being well.

Looking forward to what someone described as 'scraping dry toast'

The "scraping toast" sound is blade-flutter because modern blades have a thinner spine than vintage ones.
Some people love it, I don't.
The thinner spine also changes the blade angle.
The easiest way to fix this is a slice of bicycle inner tube.
See here: https://razors.click/Shimming/

Thank you very much for your kind offer @patw but another member with my address has some on the way to me.

Hopefully these shall allow me to say yeh or ney and then order some myself all being well.

Chris
I have a huge stockpile of the Gems in packs of 100.am sure I can do you a deal. will PM you
Mike

Chris,
A word of warning discovering that you like the 1912 leads to acquisition of other ER/Gem Razors and probably injectors will beckon. I got a lot at one time, though a few sold on. I like using the best ones, but am tending to use AC/SE these days.

This Happens if you are not careful - and thats not the lot

Paul @pjgh Used to have the most fantastic collection of ER /Gem Razors

IMG_1089.jpg

Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Ever Ready. I've got a few in my "watch list" on eBay (after seeing a post about the razor on here) and I might be tempted to pounce if your review is suitably tempting (y)
My curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger on one last week.
Craftsmanship is really impressive and its quite hefty for its size. I'm awaiting some PAL blades to be delivered and am looking forward to the first few shaves and developing a different technique.
Go for it!

My curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger on one last week.
Craftsmanship is really impressive and its quite hefty for its size. I'm awaiting some PAL blades to be delivered and am looking forward to the first few shaves and developing a different technique.
Go for it!
Thanks, I think I will try it. Amazing to think that I could be using a razor that's older than my grandparents, and that an item that age is still going strong (which my grandparents sadly aren't!) and can be had for under £20 on eBay. They don't make things the way they used to...

Back
Top Bottom