ER 1914 Turbo Nutter Ba**ard.

This is my first contribution so go easy. Having said that I haven't gone easy on myself cos I've dived straight in to using this lovely Ever Ready 1914 single edge maniac of a razor, a mere 3 months in to real shaving. I have a 1912 so it's not exactly virgin territory but if you believe all the myths, fables and horror stories the 1914 is a different beast altogether. After close consultation with my good pal ScotShave I chose Vito's soap. I've enjoyed using it before with the 1912 so it made sense. I have it stored in a lovely Dubarry multi coloured bakelite dish I got for a tenner off eBay. Total bargain as far as I'm concerned. It's absolutely gorgeous and I have a bit of a thing for bakelite so you know. The pic I've chosen in no way does it justice by the way. I've been loving my gorgeous Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synth Brush so that was a no brainer. I like the more slick side of creamy for my lather and the Yaqi sorts the Vitos out good style for that. So off we go with the Gem blade sitting snuggly in place courtesy of the ingenious wee butterfly clip in the shovel head that pushes down and holds the blade in place. Genius. First soften up my whiskers with Loreal charcoal face wash then slap on the Vitos. Probably spent way more time than I should have working the Yaqi around my chops but I just love that process. First pass was a glide. Very reminecent of the elegance of the 1912. Not as close but not bad. Second pass was like playing with a kitten. I always felt I was going to get injured at some point. Only one little nick though and by this point I was just glad I had got this far without any major casualties. The Vitos by the way performed brilliantly second pass with a lovely slick foam. Third pass I was totally bricking it. Another lovely slick covering from the Yaqi & Vito double act. Damn that soap is good. Totally recommend that. Against the grain and the 1914 unveiled its true colours. It's a mother f**king, bronco bucking, non respecting, turbo nutter ba**ard of a razor. But I have to say I surprised myself. I got a bit of confidence and did quite a good job, even if I do say so myself. I felt like I had tamed the beast. Androcles The barber if you will. Now at this point I got cocky cos I'd made it through relatively unscathed, so I did a few wee touch ups. Under the nostrils is always an issue with the shovels so in there first. Then along the jaw line. I'm shite at getting that on the passes. Finished off with some hot flannels and then a cold splash. Pad down with a towel then a healthy handful of Proraso after shave splash. That was... refreshing :oops: A little later in the evening I massaged in some Nivea After Shave Balm for sensitive skin. Love that stuff and it's cheap as chips in Savers and the like. So there it is my first contribution to Shave of the Day. I've popped my cherry. Happy shaving gents :)

Attachments

• shave.jpg
    shave.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
This is my first contribution so go easy. Having said that I haven't gone easy on myself cos I've dived straight in to using this lovely Ever Ready 1914 single edge maniac of a razor, a mere 3 months in to real shaving. I have a 1912 so it's not exactly virgin territory but if you believe all the myths, fables and horror stories the 1914 is a different beast altogether. After close consultation with my good pal ScotShave I chose Vito's soap. I've enjoyed using it before with the 1912 so it made sense. I have it stored in a lovely Dubarry multi coloured bakelite dish I got for a tenner off eBay. Total bargain as far as I'm concerned. It's absolutely gorgeous and I have a bit of a thing for bakelite so you know. The pic I've chosen in no way does it justice by the way. I've been loving my gorgeous Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synth Brush so that was a no brainer. I like the more slick side of creamy for my lather and the Yaqi sorts the Vitos out good style for that. So off we go with the Gem blade sitting snuggly in place courtesy of the ingenious wee butterfly clip in the shovel head that pushes down and holds the blade in place. Genius. First soften up my whiskers with Loreal charcoal face wash then slap on the Vitos. Probably spent way more time than I should have working the Yaqi around my chops but I just love that process. First pass was a glide. Very reminecent of the elegance of the 1912. Not as close but not bad. Second pass was like playing with a kitten. I always felt I was going to get injured at some point. Only one little nick though and by this point I was just glad I had got this far without any major casualties. The Vitos by the way performed brilliantly second pass with a lovely slick foam. Third pass I was totally bricking it. Another lovely slick covering from the Yaqi & Vito double act. Damn that soap is good. Totally recommend that. Against the grain and the 1914 unveiled its true colours. It's a mother f**king, bronco bucking, non respecting, turbo nutter ba**ard of a razor. But I have to say I surprised myself. I got a bit of confidence and did quite a good job, even if I do say so myself. I felt like I had tamed the beast. Androcles The barber if you will. Now at this point I got cocky cos I'd made it through relatively unscathed, so I did a few wee touch ups. Under the nostrils is always an issue with the shovels so in there first. Then along the jaw line. I'm shite at getting that on the passes. Finished off with some hot flannels and then a cold splash. Pad down with a towel then a healthy handful of Proraso after shave splash. That was... refreshing :oops: A little later in the evening I massaged in some Nivea After Shave Balm for sensitive skin. Love that stuff and it's cheap as chips in Savers and the like. So there it is my first contribution to Shave of the Day. I've popped my cherry. Happy shaving gents :)
Great write up! Glad you survived the endeavour to provide more in the future [emoji16]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom