Elemis

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
What's everyone's thoughts on Elemis. i have to say iv been using it for a number of years and rate it quite highly. the wife just spent £150 on this lot for father's day, i have to say she's very good at spending my money lol. iv actually just finished the Face wash & daily moisturiser so this is a great present for me. iv never tried the beard oil but i'm sure it will be as good as the rest 6817BEEF-9EA2-45C0-86F8-E17945F5A079.jpeg

The daily moisture boost is fantastic (forgot to say). I use the shave gel when abroad or cant be bothered to use a brush (rarely to be honest as I hate the mess). Good stuff though, especially if it's a gift wonder why I didnt get any for xmas.....)

The daily moisture boost is fantastic (forgot to say). I use the shave gel when abroad or cant be bothered to use a brush (rarely to be honest as I hate the mess). Good stuff though, especially if it's a gift wonder why I didnt get any for xmas.....)
have to agree, iv been using it for a few years but my wife has used it for yesrs,
it's the only canned soap i'll ever use & i genuinely think it's very good & would give most soaps/creams a run for their money.
i know what the purists say never used canned soap but this one is an exception

have to agree, iv been using it for a few years but my wife has used it for yesrs,
it's the only canned soap i'll ever use & i genuinely think it's very good & would give most soaps/creams a run for their money.
i know what the purists say never used canned soap but this one is an exception
I like the Clinique shave gel when in a hurry it also is a very good product far better than any canned Gillette crap might have to give the Elemis a go when the Clinique has gone another one I may try is the Clarins I use a few of their products and love them

I like the Clinique shave gel when in a hurry it also is a very good product far better than any canned Gillette crap might have to give the Elemis a go when the Clinique has gone another one I may try is the Clarins I use a few of their products and love them
iv also used these products mainly because my wife uses them then bought me the men's version.
I genuinely think the Elemis is so so underrated mind you so is loccitane although Elemis on moisturiser terms is on a different level.
And if the shaving soap was a soap as apposed to a can it would be very highly rated although like all the products mentioned it's not cheap

iv also used these products mainly because my wife uses them then bought me the men's version.
I genuinely think the Elemis is so so underrated mind you so is loccitane although Elemis on moisturiser terms is on a different level.
And if the shaving soap was a soap as apposed to a can it would be very highly rated although like all the products mentioned it's not cheap
Definitely agree though some of the more luxury brand shave gear is excellent makes you wonder why the other companies with canned crap can't get it right as well. I like quite a few loccitane products too they have a nice line of male fragrances

Definitely agree though some of the more luxury brand shave gear is excellent makes you wonder why the other companies with canned crap can't get it right as well. I like quite a few loccitane products too they have a nice line of male fragrances
The cheaper companies don't have to get it right
mass marketing selling gunk for £2 i would be lying if i didn't use it myself at one point.
iv wet shaved all my life and up until i got a DE razor i was using the gunk, don't get me wrong i still used all the good stuff the wife bought me but reverted back to the :poop:
i guess life's a learning curve, wish i had started DE shaving 30 years ago

The cheaper companies don't have to get it right
mass marketing selling gunk for £2 i would be lying if i didn't use it myself at one point.
iv wet shaved all my life and up until i got a DE razor i was using the gunk, don't get me wrong i still used all the good stuff the wife bought me but reverted back to the :poop:
i guess life's a learning curve, wish i had started DE shaving 30 years ago
It true at £2 you don't expect the world but I do think is that some of the luxury companies market very similar products at a massive price difference and surely it can't cost much more to make they just make massive profits for fancy packeged items that look great and perform better if you compare a Palmolive stick and a loccitane shave soap in the dish obviously you expect to pay more but the performance of Palmolive is still great. I don't see why the canned lol can't be the same, if more of these excellent shave gels were made available at a cheaper price then these mass producing crap monsters would have to up their game seems they are happy until they lose business over it. Don't get me wrong I would use it I'm a pinch but never get any glide from it whereas the Clinique has days of slickness. I agree with what you're saying though it's only £2 but I bet the Clinique costs no more to make really

It true at £2 you don't expect the world but I do think is that some of the luxury companies market very similar products at a massive price difference and surely it can't cost much more to make they just make massive profits for fancy packeged items that look great and perform better if you compare a Palmolive stick and a loccitane shave soap in the dish obviously you expect to pay more but the performance of Palmolive is still great. I don't see why the canned lol can't be the same, if more of these excellent shave gels were made available at a cheaper price then these mass producing crap monsters would have to up their game seems they are happy until they lose business over it. Don't get me wrong I would use it I'm a pinch but never get any glide from it whereas the Clinique has days of slickness. I agree with what you're saying though it's only £2 but I bet the Clinique costs no more to make really
You're paying for the R&D cost as well which is going to be much higher with the skin care companies whereas P&G can sink it across huge product lines. I agree that the production costs are probably similar though.

Back
Top Bottom