Edwin Jagger

G

A couple of months ago I wrote to Edwin Jagger (and followed it up two weeks ago) requesting an interview with the company MD; being located nearby and having an affinity with the Sheffield area and its traditions, and being a shaving nut, I asked for 30 minutes of Mr Jagger's time for an interview and proposed putting forward a number of questions, about his prducts and shaving in general, that I would solicit from similarly devoted shavers on this board and others. I would share the interview with this board and others, with permission.

I am disappointed to report that I have not received as much as an acknowledgment from the company, its trading comany or PR company.

You can make your own mind up whether EJ might feel it better not to allocate 30 minutes of its time to a set of devotees and why should they?

regards

Peter

a PR opportunity missed on their part.

i haven't got much experience with their products apart from the brushes (well made) and a cream sample (smelled nice, crap performance)

Post Office malfunction perhaps?

not so long ago just posting a letter was a sure fire gaurantee of delivery, but these days who knows where it went, if anywhere :roll:

Hello,

One of my favourite sayings is "courtesy costs nothing!"

However having known the Jaggers for over twelve years now I do not believe that Neil Jagger, founder and MD, would not extend the simple courtesy of a reply. The letter may well be on his desk awaiting his return as he could be doing either of the folowing:

Holiday, not very likely but he does have a family and this is the middle of the school holidays.

Travelling, more likely as this is the peak season for trade fairs and Edwin Jagger is an emerging international brand. Neil usally spends August / September travelling between shows in Europe, United States, Canada and Birmingham, UK.

I have emailed the Edwin Jagger marketing department, Neils lovely wife Bridget, and I'm sure a reply will be forthcoming. Unless they really have gone on holiday with their daughter...

In the meantime we have a new website going live this time on Tuesday with a fantastic video of how shaving brushes are made by Edwin jagger in Sheffield

All the best, Robert

Robert_Johnston said:
I have emailed the Edwin Jagger marketing department, Neils lovely wife Bridget, and I'm sure a reply will be forthcoming. Unless they really have gone on holiday with their daughter...

I received an email from the company today, so thank you for your support. I will be hopefully be able to arrange on an interview for the near future, so please, if you want, would you PM me with any questions you want me to include. I promise to publish the results for all to see with the support and cooperation of the company.

Many thanks

Peter

Well done Peter!

Is this the first TSR 'Scoop'?

I can't think of a suitable direct question, but I do notice a lot of people on the fora talk about some sort of percieved huge resurgence in the popularity of using brush and cream/soap inplace of aerosols, gels etc, and of a similar percieved surge of people tossing the Mach 3 or Quattro for a DE razor. Basically I'd like to know is there empirical evidence of this?

Or do the boards just enable a far flung group of people who would not otherwise know each other to talk about a slightly left-field common interest which is new to many of us but which has been quietly ticking away all the time. Lets face it Trumpers and your local chemist were selling creams and soaps to someone long before the advent of the shaving fora, be it my Grandad and his Erasmic stick in Armagh or Hercule Poirot and his Trumpers soap in Mayfair.

NB I know Poirot does not exist in real life, but in one of the David Suchet stories, Hercule visits the Curzon St Trumpers, buys something and has a chat with Mr Trumper.

EDIT: I just thought that Jagger make some excellent DE razors, but how many do they sell in comparison to Fusion and Mach 3 handles?

Back
Top Bottom