EBay Gillette Platinum blades

I received these today

I haven't seen any with Arabic writing on the packets before
Only using them will show if they're the real thing, I guess ?

They look legit from here but if you can take one out and take a picture of both sides with the paper wrapping then there might be a better chance of assessing whether it is authentic or not.

No one is going to make counterfeit DE blades. There's simply no money in it!

Not true, they exist, in particular for some MIC Gillette Super Blue's it's supposed to be very difficult to buy the actual ones.

There have been threads of counterfeit Polsilvers here, and on B&B.

Have a look at the below

No one is going to make counterfeit DE blades. There's simply no money in it!

We had a whole departments, plus legal working on counterfeit Blades. I personally have been sent to foreign plants, etc to ascertain if they were making fake blades. I went to one small plant in a region of China & they had equipment/capacity to produce a Billion blades per year

We had a whole departments, plus legal working on counterfeit Blades. I personally have been sent to foreign plants, etc to ascertain if they were making fake blades. I went to one small plant in a region of China & they had equipment/capacity to produce a Billion blades per year

I believe as well the Chinese are famous for "moonlighting" products........:whistle:

In the interest of science, I gave one of these a try today. An excellent three pass shave:

If they're fakes, they're high performing fakes.... or maybe it was the good soap..... or maybe I'm just easily pleased. Which ever way, great shave with these eBay Arabic GPs.

I guess this is perhaps an ideal time to query Mopar Mark (if he can say) on the Gillette Platinum "debate" that raged on various forums back when the co. introduced the new blue packaging (see my avatar) in Eastern Europe awhile back. Some swore on their mother's grave that they were "new & improved" as compared to the previous Blue/White/Silver tucks. Others feel they are the same as before. Of course the same debate raged concerning the old "White Box" Platinums with many claiming those were the new "Swede" of lore.

Here is a link to an old thread on B&B that came to mind. I am curious to see Mopar Mark dissect this:

In the interest of science, I gave one of these a try today. An excellent three pass shave:

If they're fakes, they're high performing fakes.... or maybe it was the good soap..... or maybe I'm just easily pleased. Which ever way, great shave with these eBay Arabic GPs.

I concur, Chris

Two shaves in with one of these blades.
They are the real deal, without doubt.
At £12.30 with free postage for 100 blades is a decent price too.

Incidentally, Silver Blues seem to have gone up in price since I last bought some.
Given there is very little difference in performance between the two blades, I'm happy with the Platinum's.

Back
Top Bottom