Dubl Duck

Picked up a beaten up DD Satinedge for £6, plenty watermarks and some deep pitting, cleaned it up, sanded it and buffed it up...it turned out better than I thought, there was some pitting on the edge and I thought it would be too deep to remove by breadknifing, but I managed to find enough steel to try put a bevel on it.
It took a while to set the bevel because I was trying to avoid any pitting... managed to do a whole progression on it then my felt strop( dia spray), and another felt strop with crox...it felt really good, so gave it 100 on leather, that was meant to be it...would test shave it another day...but no...I had to test it now, I can in all honesty say it was one of the smoothest closest shaves I have had with a SR...so I am delighted, was it the quality steel or my new and first time using the dia spray on a felt strop, and the crox on felt too...I dono, but something worked very well for me and cannot wait to use it again :)

Picked up a beaten up DD Satinedge for £6, plenty watermarks and some deep pitting, cleaned it up, sanded it and buffed it up...it turned out better than I thought, there was some pitting on the edge and I thought it would be too deep to remove by breadknifing, but I managed to find enough steel to try put a bevel on it.
It took a while to set the bevel because I was trying to avoid any pitting... managed to do a whole progression on it then my felt strop( dia spray), and another felt strop with crox...it felt really good, so gave it 100 on leather, that was meant to be it...would test shave it another day...but no...I had to test it now, I can in all honesty say it was one of the smoothest closest shaves I have had with a SR...so I am delighted, was it the quality steel or my new and first time using the dia spray on a felt strop, and the crox on felt too...I dono, but something worked very well for me and cannot wait to use it again :)
Pictures?

Still a bit to do...but it shaves superbly, I love old blades that can be brought back to life, the pitting is heavy in places but does not interfere with the edge...I would still like a nicer one, but at £6 it was well wirth it.
70545178-D672-40AC-BF5E-9C610BB9081C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom