Dovo shavette and Tondeo or Jaguar blades?

What do you mean? The Tondeo is proprietary I think. The Jaguar is a standard cabinet blade, that will be virtually the same as the Dovo cabinet blade. Until the Chinese started producing cabinet blades, there appeared to be three different types, two from Germany and one from Japan. The manufacturers are NRK and Medyna amongst others.

A Dovo shavette comes with different coloured inserts and the black one is for long blades from Dovo but supposedly Tondeo and Jaguar will also fit.

After reading on a German forum I am guessing Tondeo/Jaguar blades will fit Dovo (my German is rudimental so the jury is still out on this one)

This is what they look like

View attachment 37073
The above is a Jaguar second from the top, the Tondeo is 4th down. The first and third are either private label from NTS Solingen or Japanese made cabinets that came with a Miraki. I have recently bought a pack of Sibel IN Inox made by NRK. I haven't compared them to the other Japanese cabinet blades.

Oh, even more blades to test in black insert. Then I also have a green insert but still need to buy Personna Hair Shaper blades that according to the German forum is supposed to be really really sharp.

Oh, even more blades to test in black insert. Then I also have a green insert but still need to buy Personna Hair Shaper blades that according to the German forum is supposed to be really really sharp.
You only have a choice of two NRK from Japan sold as Fromm/Diane etc. and Personna. Some have modified the insert to take Special Cut blades which are thinner.

Back
Top Bottom