"Dopey is as dopey does"-a cautionary tale

I always have two razors "on the go" in the bathroom; a DE and an SE. Today's duo is a Rex with Personna, and a stainless General with a Kamisori blade.

On Tuesday I used the General, and, noticing a slight rust stain on the head, I loosened it and dried it up. I don't normally bother with this, and today I found out why.

With a head full of today's activity planning, I decided on the General, lathered up and set to. Although it was shaving well, it was as rough as the proverbial bear's a**e, and although the Kamisoris aren't the best, they don't normally give up after 5 uses.

I found out why when I swished the razor in the water to clear the lather. As I lifted it for the next pass, the head swivelled round on the handle. I'd only left it 3 turns untightened and loose. No damage done, but it was one of the closest one-pass shaves I've ever had with any AC-type SE.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Familiarity always causes a problem until it becomes nature. Just when you think you've got the hang of something, complacency bites you on the bum!

I do two passes with an EJ DE89 with Feather blade, then a single pass with one of two shavettes with Gillette blade.

On Thursday morning, just before I was lathering, I heard the news about Charlie Whiting, having been a Motorsport fan, and worked in the pit lane, I desperately wanted to check the news, but I had to shave.

Something in my head told me to slow down. If my mind was elsewhere, I would look like a pizza. I did the slowest shave ever, and it was also the best shave ever.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom