Does anyone know why fine accoutrements increased their prices so much in the last year?

Merkurologist

LeJog 2022 Finisher
I'm pretty sure than less than a year ago I was buying the aftershave for around £16 a bottle but now they go for £25, that's an increment of 56.25%

If you tell me that it's due to BREXIT then I'd think it's an excuse and I would not buy their products. Everyday I get more anti bullying or should I say anti EU.

How it all started...

4sMEvOs.jpg

Fine's pitch: I make Tabac that smells like Aventus. Boom! Demand created.
He's a smart businessman.

Last edited:
A lot of regular working class guys do have Aventus on their shelves and keep buying Fine Platinum to savour the real deal for special occasions. Which is ironic because the idea of Aventus is to project success, conquest bla bla bla. You're supposed to be nouveau riche and drown in it, or something like that.

Aventus = $250 / Platinum = $25 MSRP
You can find both at -30% street prices.

If we stick to the house of Greed, I personally prefer Bois du Portugal. Old money scents FTW.

A lot of regular working class guys do have Aventus on their shelves and keep buying Fine Platinum to savour the real deal for special occasions. Which is ironic because the idea of Aventus is to project success, conquest bla bla bla. You're supposed to be nouveau riche and drown in it, or something like that.

Aventus = $250 / Platinum = $25 MSRP
You can find both at -30% street prices.

If we stick to the house of Greed, I personally prefer Bois du Portugal. Old money scents FTW.

+100 Bois du Portugal is Creed's best scent IMHO

The price increased direct from their website in dollars, so it is just greed. I am sure they will have some gubbins about cost of production increasing.

Saying that I have only tried the snakebite aftershave and that was brill.

Do OSP have any splashes that resemble Aventura?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Trump CUT taxes. ;)

"Tax" was the wrong word for me to use, maybe it would of been better if I had said; A new Trump "tariff" maybe?

Though this quoted from reuters.com claims they are one of the same thing, which some may argue.

“Tariffs are taxes, plain and simple. Imposing taxes on another $200 billion worth of products will raise the costs of every day goods for American families,” a Chamber spokeswoman said.

SOURCE: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-u-s-proposal-for-fresh-tariffs-idUSKBN1K1074

Last edited:
A tariff is levied by the importing country, hence the UK in this case. However, I think that FA simply increased their price for whatever reason. Maybe they just think the British are a smelly lot and can be "squeezed". :p:D;)

I still have a couple of half full bottles of Fine a/s, which are OK at £16, if not very long-lasting. I can think of other aftershaves that I'd blow £25 on, so one fewer Fine customer.

My feeling is that aftershave isn't bracketed along with bourbon whisky and Harley motorcycles in the EU-US tit-for-tat trade tariff fiasco, and that the increase is due solely to Fine ramping up the prices for increased profit margins.

Back
Top Bottom