Do you like it in the front or in the back?

..pocket

I had kept my wallet in my right rear pocket for as long as I can remember carrying a wallet.
When I got my smaller Popov leather wallet I switched, after reading some potential pro's about doing so, to the right front pocket.

Let me tell you - after having worn the wallet in my front pocket for about 7-8 months, or so, I can feel a change/improvement in my back that I didn't think was possible.

I used to have lower back aches several times a month but for at least the past 4-5 months I've been completely back-pain-free.
This was one of the potential positive outcomes from switching to a front-pocket that I had read about but I quite honestly didn't think it would do much of a difference.

I'll put aside the perception that you have to be well into your retirement to wear your wallet this way and happily keep doing it :)

Note: Sure, a money clip, slap some rubberbands around your cards/notes is an option as well to reduce bulk and weight but personally I really like a wallet so I'm just making the best I can out of that

2sane4y.jpg

Ah me, if only my wallet was so well filled it would hurt my back to lug it around. Doubt my empty wallet carried in my inner jacket pocket is responsible for any of my aches or pains. I only really carry it so people know where to bring me when they stumble over me in the street.

Lol.
It might not be the thickness of the wallet that is the most important thing but it's that it makes you sit 'uneven' and even a slight change (semi-empty wallet) can add up over the course of a day, week, month, etc
Mine normally holds 3-4 cards and as many bills.

Makes sense DB, I can see that habitually sitting with the spine in slight torsion could lead to asymetrical posture in time. Main thing is that it's helping to add to your physical comfort.

JohnnyO. o/

I will admit to using a man bag on holiday - room key, reading glasses, sun glasses, wallet etc. - just too much to carry especially with just swimming shorts - or budgie smugglers if that's your choice.

I will admit to using a man bag on holiday - room key, reading glasses, sun glasses, wallet etc. - just too much to carry especially with just swimming shorts - or budgie smugglers if that's your choice.

I'm an every-day murse/manbag user myself (the one in my avatar actually). Mostly some electronic gadgets, coffee thermos and pens and paper.

Like you DB, until very recently, I have kept my wallet in my back pocket but changed on the advice of a physio I was attending. Since making the change, I have also noticed that it is more comfortable when sitting. Funny thing is, if I was ever going anywhere where there were large crowds I always placed my wallet in my front pocket anyway for safety sake

I used to suffer from pain and numbness in my right leg. Found it was caused by my wallet pressing on my right buttock. It wasn't the cash that bulked the wallet but a shit load of store cards and a couple of credit cards and debit cards.

Invested in an ID wallet from Saddleback to carry in my front pocket and the the pain soon stopped.
It holds 1 debit, 1 credit and 2 store cards and a few notes.

Like you DB, until very recently, I have kept my wallet in my back pocket but changed on the advice of a physio I was attending. Since making the change, I have also noticed that it is more comfortable when sitting. Funny thing is, if I was ever going anywhere where there were large crowds I always placed my wallet in my front pocket anyway for safety sake

Interesting and would be curious to hear if you see any differences down the road.
It took me maybe 3-4 months before I really noticed an improvement.

I was scared to what I was going to find with in the thread then :)
I used to carry it in my back pocket, right side but then I started getting cyatic nerve pains in my right thigh. The problem started when I first started driving and would forget to take it out of my pocket, sittin on the wallet, causing horrid pains down my right leg.
Now I try to put it in my jacket, if not it still goes in my back pocket but always remove before I sit.
Originaly I put the pain down to cycling but I hardly ride and still have the problem. Maybe I will try a smaller wallet and leaving it in my front pocket, wouldn't have thought it would make a difference but it obviously does.

I like mine close to my heart ;) So I'll normally keep it in my shirt pocket. I should say, I use this little sucker.. I'm all about the plastic, rarely carry any cash around and certainly no coins, or anything like that!

c6e6cf3f8fd75e42016e56024bac2965.jpg

If I must though, I keep this thingy in my front pocket exclusively.

I leave everything at home as well as myself usually. If I must I stick a little cash in my pocket or grab my card but only very occasionally, I'll take my wallet but it's front right pocket for me or jacket inside pocket.

Depends where and what I am doing. Normally wallet in my front pocket with jeans or inside pocket if wearing a jacket. However I prefer not to carry a wallet at all as the bulk is a bit of a giveaway what is on your person so my preference is stuff the money in my pocket and credit/visa cards in the smaller pocket in my jeans.

Back
Top Bottom