Do any of you switch blades when doing multiple passes?

For example, using a specific blade for WTG and then changing it for either XTG or ATG? I know there are many people like myself who struggle going ATG and was thinking if it makes a difference if a mild blade is used for the final pass. Thanks

For me the duller blades cause me issues it tends to be the sharper ones (Apart from feathers, so far I haven't got along with those) that I get a better and smoother shave from, maybe it is just my beard type or how I shave.

If anything I'd say you'd get away with a milder blade WTG, but a sharper one would be better XTG and ATG.

But no... I just use one. Get one you like and use it.

Last edited:
No. I agree that if anything I'd need a sharper blade for ATG, even with a Feather it feels like the stubble's being ripped out and a duller one would be even worse.

There is also no way on God's green earth that I'm faffing about changing blades for different passes. BBS is not necessary and I wonder how common it was before shaving turned into a hobby.

No. I agree that if anything I'd need a sharper blade for ATG, even with a Feather it feels like the stubble's being ripped out and a duller one would be even worse.

There is also no way on God's green earth that I'm faffing about changing blades for different passes. BBS is not necessary and I wonder how common it was before shaving turned into a hobby.

Could not agree more.

No.
It strikes me a lot of DE shavers are OCD.
Some take the blade out to pat dry after each shave. Sounds like a dumb idea to me, handling a blade 5 or 6 more times than needed.
You also hear about shavers with several blades all on the go in daily rotation. Hmmm.....

OCD doesn't quite cover it, they need to get a life man! It's just shaving, no need for incense and human sacrifice. Shave, and then go do something else.

+1

Sounds like a recipe for cut fingers as well as being an utter and abject waste of time

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

+1

If your main razor feels too aggressive ATG you might try a second milder razor ,with a closer blade gap, for that pass - but with a very sharp blade, you want to reduce drag. Or an adjustable - not a Merkur Futur though, as all blade gap settings are visible from Space.

Dull or medium sharp blades are strictly for ordinary civilians.

Reactions: abj
Back
Top Bottom