Diamine nib cleaning fluid

I just picked this up for a little over a quid. Cant find any info regarding it, anybody used the stuff?
Im assuming I've paid triple the cost of the chemical branded without a Diamine sticker.
Would it be a watered down version of nail polish remover (without acetone)?
image.jpeg

Never seen it or heard of it. I've always used Luke warm water to clean my pens; just a few fills until the water runs clear, several good thermometer shakes and a drying over several days with the cap off and my pen is good to go. I've not had a severally gummed up pen, but I think this method would work, perhaps with a short soak of the nib and feed. I don't think the Diamine is watered down nail polish remover sans acetone, as even without the acetone it could contain chemicals injurious to the inner workings of a fountain pen. The Luke warm water method is entirely benign and won't harm your pen unless it's made of casein, a milk-based plastic, but this would be most unusual.

Okay no worries, thanks for the info.
I removed the cartridge, flushed with water and popped in a converter with new ink. Seemed fine which made me think that this stuff is not needed.
Time will tell, maybe I'll find a stubborn ink.

Okay no worries, thanks for the info.
I removed the cartridge, flushed with water and popped in a converter with new ink. Seemed fine which made me think that this stuff is not needed.
Time will tell, maybe I'll find a stubborn ink.
Good show. You could always contact Diamine customer service to find out what's in their cleaner. I don't think it is anything noxious, but when plain old water works well why mess around. I know that some people clean their pens with distilled water, but unless your tap water is really hard I don't think this is necessary since the majority of the water is expelled from the pen by flushing and shaking well. As is the case with drying a hair shaving brush, you should let your pen dry in a well ventilated place with the cap off.

I used water yesterday, it worked a treat, just as you guys said. Luckily it was a quid.....but I could have gotten a Jinhao for that price ;)

Back
Top Bottom